• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Multiple Sample Players

Using Multiple Sample Players

How wasteful of memory/resources is it to use multiple sample players in the same piece? I’m thinking of getting the EW Pianos (which are half price), but not sure if I want to add Play to Kontakt and VSL.

Victoria, Canada

Re: Using Multiple Sample Players

I wouldn't let that stop you from getting any of the EW products currently on sale right now. There are incredible bargains, and those of us who bought those libraries a few years ago at 'full' price are shedding tears these days. When loading Play, Kontakt etc., in the same project, load Play before Kontakt and you should be good to go. What's more important is your computer,o/s and the amount of RAM you have. If it's a powerful system, there are ways to handle the software you mention, but if resources are limited, one will have problems regardless of how many, or types of, instruments one loads.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Re: Using Multiple Sample Players

Thanks! I took the plunge.

Go Back to forum