• Register
  • Help

Topic: A video - "The First Snow of the Season. . . "

A video - "The First Snow of the Season. . . "

Yesterday, I had a few rare hours of time to goof around. It snowed yesterday morning and I decided to take some short video shots of it and add some music. My happy two dogs were also outside with me. They are included in the video as well.

With the exception of one instrument, the source of the software instruments were GPO and JABB. (I used some generic electric bass from some forgotten library. The score is from a templet used in Logic Pro 9.13, and I forgot to change the bass sound to one from JABB. Oops!)

I can't believe that we already had our first snow!!! ACK!!!

Anyway. . . here's the short Quicktime video. It ain't going to win an Oscar. But it was fun to do! LOL!

Last edited by efiebke; 11-09-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Used better quality video from YouTube
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: A video - "The First Snow of the Season. . . "

Delightful, Ted, and great to see you here with a little
    something new.

Thanks for the introductions, too -- I love dogs. Here's
    my good friend and associate, Harry, doing what he
    does best:

We had a raging snow-sleet storm, here, too, yesterday;
    rather early!

All my best,

David Sosnowski

Southern Ontario, Canada

Great job on this, what wonderful, upbeat music, I need a shot of that!! Lovely dogs as well! We have two too, that would be Sammy, (white oversized mini poodle and protector of the household and Ricky, a mixture resulting in a large black dog with long hair, similar in layout as what you see on Mastodons and with a gentle temperament.) And we talk to these dogs all the time, same as you!
    You live in a hilly area and I think the closest I've come is driving by Albany on the way to Cape Cod. I have always been amazed by the mountainous. pointy hills to the south that look something like witches hats, the Catskill Mountains. It snowed here around the same time, I noticed in your video the higher amounts, up on the hills. A very nice look into your life!
    Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi David!

Thanks for the listen!

Amy and I a dog lovers too! Both Chelsea and Mayson are rescue dogs. Both loved to be loved! LOL!

You have an wonderfully cute dog yourself, David! Thanks for sharing the picture. Heck! We should start one of those "Please Delete the 'Photos of our Dogs' thread"!

And hello to you, sd cisco!

And, thank you for the listen! Always glad to hear from fellow dog-lovers! Feel free to post photos of your two canine family members here! Would enjoy seeing them!

With regards to where we live, I guess we live in the hills to the Berkshire Mountains. We love it here. The scenery off our front porch is just beautiful. Five years in living in this house and we STILL get that "Ahhhhhhhh" feeling when we come home from work. Yep! Our house has become our cherished home.

Cute puppies! Pretty scenery.
    Love the music. Nice, easy and laid back.

Nice! What a beautiful environment you live in - and nicely captured in video. The music - oh yeah, that - worked very well; I imagine if your pups could speak ( it was you speaking, and not them, right?), they would say how much the music reflects their feelings of being outside in the snow, then inside, where there is food!

Great production all around! Your two little guys look like a lot of fun.

Hope it warms up a little...
    Ron Pearl

Sit! Stay! Heel! Roll over! Those were commands that I gave daily to my ex-wife.

Nice one, Nurse! I love buppy dogs. I wish that I had one.

I live in the sunny South. What is this thing called snow that you mentioned?

My best to you and your wife-mate.
    Larry G. Alexander

Glad you liked the video. It was "nice and easy" to make. Just havin' some fun!

rpearl -

Yep!! That's me talking! I've got the dogs saying words like "ruff" and "bark". Trying to get them to say more sophisticated words like "sophisticated" or "words", but I don't think it's going to happen. (Sigh. . . ). But they seem to have fun trying to talk. They surely are happy, fun-lovin' dogs!

Mr. Larry -

Always nice to hear from you! The wife-mate and I are doing just great! We're both busy doing our nursing stuff! (My wife is also a nurse. She works in the O.R., usually helping out the neurosurgeons. She sees some pretty cool stuff, actually!)

Now . . . with regards to "snow". . . it's normally white, Mr. Larry, fluffy and cold. It also makes the road real slippery-like. Got to drive real careful when there's snow on the road. One more thing about snow, Mr. Larry. One could actually eat snow. When it's fresh on the ground it tastes clean and cool. But never, I mean NEVER, eat yellow snow. By the way, there are times when I wish I lived in the South when that "white, fluffy and cold" stuff is on the ground! Cold is not fun! LOL! Cheers to you, Mr. Larry!

And thanks, all, for the listen and watching!

Go Back to forum