• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: BEST Tutorials Ever Contest – Win a free library or even $1,000 cash!

Share/Bookmark

BEST Tutorials Ever Contest – Win a free library or even $1,000 cash!

This is such a brilliant community and I have learned a great deal from you. We absolutely love it when generous forum members share their knowledge with others here. You most likely have some knowledge or techniques to share with the world. Perhaps you’ve been meaning to write a tutorial, but haven’t found the time. Well here’s a little motivation…You can enter our Best Tutorial Ever contest!

It’s been too long since I posted a contest at our Forum and I thought it would be fun as well as helpful to have a tutorial contest.

Every tutorial selected for use on our website will win something (most likely a free library).
    Additionally, the top winner for the best tutorial will win get a cash prize of $1,000 (only one top prize winner) and two $500 second prize winners.

In the past we had over 50 tutorials, made by users, which mostly covered our libraries in Kontakt Player. (see http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/ for some ideas)

Now, the new ARIA versions of GPO4, JABB3 and COMB2 are being used by many of you and now is a good time for ARIA based tutorials.

The goal here is to help other Garritan library users. Tutorials submitted must involve Garritan libraries that use the ARIA Player. Tutorials may be about how to use Garritan libraries (GPO4, JABB3 or COMB2, or Authorized Steinway) with your favorite sequencer, or notation program, using controllers, getting more realistic sounds, or using a particular feature of ARIA. It could involve using our sounds and ARIA that come bundled with Finale, Sony Acid Pro, Micorosft Songsmith or AKAI EWI.

We're searching for the most creative and informative tutorials ever created. So go ahead and out-teach the professors, write step-by-step tutorials, star in a video tutorial, create Flash movies or computer-based trainings. We'll accept Adobe Flash, Quicktime, WMA, Word, html, Powerpoint, or PDF. You can post it on this forum, or post it on Scribd or Youtube. It can be aimed for beginners, intermediate or advanced users. If you did a previous tutorial for us, you could also simply update it for ARIA and resubmit.

To participate, you can simply make a post on the Garritan Forum, email or send us a link at: info (at) garritan.com. If you have any questions you can post them here or contact us. The deadline is February 28, 2011 [edit: extended by popular request] The winners will be judged on content, creativity, quality, instructional clarity and completeness.

Here's an opportunity to teach other users something about using Garritan libraries and share something you know. There certainly are times when a helpful hand could mean the start of someone's beautiful piece of music. We hope you will provide that helping hand.

My best

Gary Garritan

Re: BEST Tutorials Ever Contest

I know what I'm going to be working on during my winter break!

It's a shame that the new world library isn't out in time for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    It's a shame that the new world library isn't out in time for this.
    We're working on getting it out as soon as we can (we're trying our best)

how great!

Gary, do you have an idea for duration, minimum / maximum?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    how great!

Gary, do you have an idea for duration, minimum / maximum?

Dan
    Dan

There's no set limits. It can be a few pages or a thesis, a short screencast or a long video.

It's up the the author.

-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    We're working on getting it out as soon as we can (we're trying our best)
    That would be very exciting if it will be out in time to write a tutorial on it. Though, I have my doubts that I would have enough time to learn it well enough to write anything decent about it other than it's awesome.

Would this mean I have to lose the mustache?

thanks Gary,

David, if you remember, that mustache is some of my photoshop work...
    I think it is very lovely!
    It's a classic

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    David, if you remember, that mustache is some of my photoshop work...
    I think it is very lovely!
    It's a classic
    Absolutely so.

Dan, this is clearly a case of life imitating art... lol.

Ha ha ha !!!!!

Go Back to forum