• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Acquires the McGill University Samples

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Acquires the McGill University Samples

Here's some news that has happened in my absence that I would like you to know about.

We recently purchased all the sounds of the McGill University Sample Collection (MUMS). With the purchase we acquired all the original source recordings - many of which have not been released before.

I particularly like the historic instruments McGill recorded and many of these sounds will be a fine compliment in future libraries. They will also serve as a basis for our future modeling projects. The MUMs samples are used extensively in music research.

You can find more info at the McGill MUMS site: http://www.music.mcgill.ca/resources...html/index.htm

- Gary

Re: Garritan Acquires the McGill University Samples

MUMS the word, eh?

A very worthwhile addition to the Garritan collection!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is exciting news, Gary! I can't wait to see how this is implemented into GPO or whatever else you would have in mind!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

This is indeed spectacular news. It should greatly expand our choices in the sound palette of the whole Garritan library set.

... and a wise business investment as well.

Congratulations, Gary!

Arvid
    Arvid Hand
    Theory-Comp./Piano
    ASCAP

Congratulations Gary. This is good news and very 'mouthwatering'. I'm particularly intrigued with the 'Historic instruments collection'.

It's interesting to read that they have recorded every note of the instruments they have sampled. The only concern for me is to read that they have added some reverb to the samples. I would much prefer for samples to be completely dry. Who knows what magic you will weave over the samples though.

Here's looking forward to seeing and hearing how your new acquisition integrate with your libraries. Oh .. was that a newt that just scuttled across my screen? (This is supposed to be a wink icon).
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Cool beans!

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Cool beans!
    And here I thought my dad was the only person on the face of the planet to use that expression...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    And here I thought my dad was the only person on the face of the planet to use that expression...
    Don't be silly. Hip guys like Dan and me -- we use that expression all the time.

We also like "groovy". And "keen".

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I knew someone once in an office where I worked and she was saying "Cool beans" about every five minutes... drove me nuts. Of course, some people think I'm already there.

I did lose my mind once... but I don't want it back, so I never looked for it.
    Arvid Hand
    Theory-Comp./Piano
    ASCAP

Go Back to forum