• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

    Hi Everyone!

    I already posted this in the General Discussion section, but Dan Kury suggested I also post it in The Listening Area. So here it is.

    I just wanted to share this video with you. I shot this up in Northern Wisconsin in July of this year. I also wrote the music as well.

    My In-law's have a cabin up in N. Wisconsin. We try to get there at least once a year. It is so awesome up there. It is like serious therapy.
    Anyway - I thought as it is getting colder now, this might warm you up a bit and make you want to go there. ENJOY!!!




    For you techno-philes, Equipment used: Shot on a JVC Everio GZHD6 using a Letus35 Mini DOF adapter, mounted on a Glider. Canon 50mm f:1.4 SCC lens.

    Music:

    Solo Flute vibrato
    Bb Clarinet
    Oboe Modern 2
    Solo Bassoon 1
    Chromatic Harp #2
    Glockenspiel
    Garritan Steinway
    Solo Guarneri violin
    GPO strings mixed with GOS

    Thanks for watching and listening. Let me know what you think!

    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  2. #2
    Senior Member sd cisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    832

    Re: Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

    Jerry;
    How very beautiful that was! Such smooth and clear video, loved the "Glider" tool, the misty daisies, the morning mist off the lake, the evergreens and the glassy calm water. The music sounded great and was nostalgic at just the right moments.
    Well done - and the animated credits, again, terrific!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Best regards,
    sd cisco

  3. #3
    New Member J. Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington, District of C
    Posts
    5

    Re: Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

    Hi Jerry, very nice relaxing video and music. I particularly liked the string passage at 1:41 - 1:53. I was also impressed with the sound of the clarinet each time it made its presence known.

    And of course, the animated credits at the end were mighty impressive.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Justin

  4. #4

    Re: Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

    Jerry -

    Wisconsin seems to be a beautiful state. My father was born in Wisconsin. A few years ago, we flew there together to visit his Aunt (my Great-Aunt) who still lives in Wisconsin (and is still alive in her early 90's, I'm happy to say). It was a joy to see such a beautiful state. Visiting Aunt Mildred was equally a joy. Together, we all drove around a saw where my father grew up as a child. The house where my father was born is still there!! It was a great time. I hold very fond memories of my brief stay in Wisconsin.

    You video and music are both very well done, Jerry. I really like the style of music that you chose to write to the video. It's a style that I learned as a very young film composer almost 30 years ago. It seems to make use of all of your chosen instruments in a very fitting manner, complimenting the video. Your sequencing ability, of course, is equally (and obviously) proficient. I so appreciate and respect the time it takes to make a software-based instrumental library sound like real instruments recorded in real time. You achieved that, to my humble ears.

    But the video. . . It really is beautiful. You captured the beauty of the surrounding land and composed a video-based story as if you were doing this professionally for years and years.

    Thank you, Jerry, for sharing your talent here and for the beautiful video.

    Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

  5. #5

    Re: Video and music - both by Jerry Wickham

    Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    Jerry;
    How very beautiful that was! Such smooth and clear video, loved the "Glider" tool, the misty daisies, the morning mist off the lake, the evergreens and the glassy calm water. The music sounded great and was nostalgic at just the right moments.
    Well done - and the animated credits, again, terrific!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Best regards,
    sd cisco
    Thank you so much sd cisco! I'm glad you enjoyed this. That place always gives me inspiration. I have written some of my finest music up there. I seriously wish I could live up there 6 months out of the year. Maybe when I am rich!


    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cohen View Post
    Hi Jerry, very nice relaxing video and music. I particularly liked the string passage at 1:41 - 1:53. I was also impressed with the sound of the clarinet each time it made its presence known.

    And of course, the animated credits at the end were mighty impressive.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Justin

    Justin,
    Thanks for watching/listening. I appreciate your comments. I love GOS and GPO strings. You have to work a bit harder to make them sound genuinely realistic, but it's worth it. And, GPO's woodwinds! There are only a few of the WW's I don't absolutely LOVE. The music was very easy to write when scoring this video. I just have to think how I feel when I am up there and in comes the inspiration.


    Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Jerry -

    Wisconsin seems to be a beautiful state. My father was born in Wisconsin. A few years ago, we flew there together to visit his Aunt (my Great-Aunt) who still lives in Wisconsin (and is still alive in her early 90's, I'm happy to say). It was a joy to see such a beautiful state. Visiting Aunt Mildred was equally a joy. Together, we all drove around a saw where my father grew up as a child. The house where my father was born is still there!! It was a great time. I hold very fond memories of my brief stay in Wisconsin.

    You video and music are both very well done, Jerry. I really like the style of music that you chose to write to the video. It's a style that I learned as a very young film composer almost 30 years ago. It seems to make use of all of your chosen instruments in a very fitting manner, complimenting the video. Your sequencing ability, of course, is equally (and obviously) proficient. I so appreciate and respect the time it takes to make a software-based instrumental library sound like real instruments recorded in real time. You achieved that, to my humble ears.

    But the video. . . It really is beautiful. You captured the beauty of the surrounding land and composed a video-based story as if you were doing this professionally for years and years.

    Thank you, Jerry, for sharing your talent here and for the beautiful video.

    Ted
    Ted,

    Thank you so much for your comments and observations about your brief visit to WI, (Your Aunt Mildred is in her mid 90's? AWESOME!) Yes, Wisconsin is a pretty place. I especially love the Northern part of it. The North Woods area has the same type of foliage and wildlife as an Alpine mountain meadow. It's like being there without the mountains. As I told cd cisco, I wish I could live up there 6 months out of the year. (From what I've been told - snow is about 4-5 feet deep during the winter there, so that would be nice too - but only if I didn't have to go anywhere for weeks on end. )
    I don't know why I chose that style of music for this - mostly because that style fits closest to my feelings I have when I see this footage. Simple beauty. Emotional, not cerebral.

    Thanks again!!

    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •