• Register
  • Help

Topic: Having a blast experimenting with flute + Mainstage + Stylus- but....

Share/Bookmark

Having a blast experimenting with flute + Mainstage + Stylus- but....

OK, so I have a headset microphone that turns out to be perfect for my flute (didn't even know it was spec'd for that in the first place). I started playing with Mainstage and the guitar effects- then found the channel strip audio effects and have been in complete bliss (sounds I am coming up with rival Omnisphere!!!). I decided to add some Stylus beats from the Metamorphosis section- and am having a blast. But here is what I want to do and can't seem to do it.
    I would like to put RMX in Groove Menu mode and be able to latch beats on and off. It seems that you have to hold down the keys (and can't even use the sustain pedal) which of course, is not going to work. So is there a setting or a better solution to me toggle on/off beats? Maybe the solution is to create custom beat pads in Mainstage and have it do the work for me.
    Any ideas?
    thx

Re: Having a blast experimenting with flute + Mainstage + Stylus- but....

Many MIDI controllers these days have a latching feature built-in. Are you sure yours doesn't?
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Re: Having a blast experimenting with flute + Mainstage + Stylus- but....

I have an X-station so it has tons of buttons that can be assigned- but being able to quickly hit a white key is the best since I am playing a wind instrument- having to hit one of the really small buttons is not ideal. To bad I couldn't just have sustain work properly in RMX to hold notes- that would be definately workable.

Go Back to forum