• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hybrid Modeling Pianos, the future of virtual piano?

Share/Bookmark

Smile Hybrid Modeling Pianos, the future of virtual piano?

Just read a review on VPD,link is here
    Sound Magic Blue Grand3D Review
    It looks as if someone has finally done it. Fuse both advantages of physical modeling and sampling. This is a modelled piano that sounds great. Although it is not perfect in some areas, but it sure seems that it is in the same league with some great sampled pianos.I wonder if the technology that was used on this instrument can spread faster in near future.

Re: Hybrid Modeling Pianos, the future of virtual piano?

thanks for the heads up, though I must say the demos aren't so convincing...
    I'm downloading the trial now, will post my impressions later.

well I have tried the Imperial demo patch, and still I'm not impressed... there's something in the attacks that dont sound natural to me, and the tone in general isn't to die for. My personal opinion... BTW I never hear about yellow tools Indipendence, which has some nice features and sounds, including a nice piano... at less than 50 euros it's a steal...

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob View Post
    well I have tried the Imperial demo patch, and still I'm not impressed... there's something in the attacks that dont sound natural to me, and the tone in general isn't to die for. My personal opinion... BTW I never hear about yellow tools Indipendence, which has some nice features and sounds, including a nice piano... at less than 50 euros it's a steal...
    Same opinions here, I could not get a feel on Imperial Grand. Its sound is a bit too draft for me. But their bule and latest Ruby sounds better. I may buy them in near feature and if possible I will post some feedback here.

Go Back to forum