An all-MIDI Logic Pro 8 project file which started out at 800K has mushroomed to 131 MB after a couple hours of tweaking ARIA Player settings and moving a few Volume automation control points. What is going on? I have never had such severe project file bloating happen before.

I am using a fast MacBook Pro 17" (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo). When I try to work on the project now, the cursor beach ball spins for 1 to 2 minutes. Then I make one small change and it spins again. I end up having to force-quit.

I am using GPO 4 with ARIA Player. André set up the multi-track composition and asked me to bounce it. He has 3 groups of instruments and 4 instances of the ARIA Player. Each instance has anywhere from 2 to 16 instruments assigned to it.

Within the Logic 8 project "package" is a file called documentData. This is precisely what has grown exponentially to 131 MB. Has GPO instrument library data become embedded in the project file? Is Sound Designer the culprit? I have removed it from Output 1-2 channel.

There are no audio files in the Bin within Logic or in the Audio Files folder on my hard drive, and no Freeze files.

Is there a way to purge the Logic project file? I have not added any notes at all to André's composition! It should still be 800 K in size!