• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will GPO work with Mixcraft 5.0

Share/Bookmark

Will GPO work with Mixcraft 5.0

HI
    I am new to the forum.. I recently purchased Mixcraft 5 and I am now looking for orchestral sample packages. I have a $200 budget so GPO is right up my alley.. I am not going to ask, here, how good it is. What I was looking to know is will it work with Mixcraft 5. The people over there in that forum have mixed feelings.. So I figured I would come to the source

Thanks in advance
    Pierre (CG)

Re: Will GPO work with Mixcraft 5.0

Providing Mixcraft uses standard VST technology and MIDI track creation ... which looking at the Acoustica.com website it does claim to do ... yes!

I have Mixcraft 5 and I can tell you that it WILL NOT install Jazz & Big Band. I can't say whether or not it is compatible with PO, though. Good luck!

Gary R.

P.S: The problem is that Mixcraft is a 32-bit host and JBB3 is 64-bit. I tried using JBridge, which is supposed to solve for this by creating "bridging" files that convert 32 to 64 and 64 to 32 bit, but it doesn't work, either.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryR59 View Post
    I have Mixcraft 5 and I can tell you that it WILL NOT install Jazz & Big Band. I can't say whether or not it is compatible with PO, though. Good luck!

Gary R.

P.S: The problem is that Mixcraft is a 32-bit host and JBB3 is 64-bit. I tried using JBridge, which is supposed to solve for this by creating "bridging" files that convert 32 to 64 and 64 to 32 bit, but it doesn't work, either.
    Gary,
    You're using the wrong version then. JBB3 (as with all Garritan Aria products) comes in two flavors: the x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) versions. I'm on a 32-bit system here so the installer didn't extract any 64-bit versions for me, but if you navigate to the Program Files (x86) folder instead of the Program Files folder you should find the 32-bit plugs you need to use.

Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by GaryR59 View Post

Gary R.

I hope you've seen Reegs' reply by now, because he gave you all the info you need.

I looked in on the Mixcraft Forum and saw your posts asking questions on this topic. Lots of misinformation there - you said on that Forum that there are no 32 bit Garritan instruments, and that's totally wrong. It's ARIA, the Garritan sample player that you need to be concerned with. Use the ARIA .dll files labeled "x86 and you will have success - those are the 32 bit versions. Note that the one labeled "Multi VST" has 16 stereo outs, and the other one has just one stereo out, intended for notation programs.

Let us know when you're up and running.

Randy

Go Back to forum