• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: It"s here it's here!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

It's here it's here!!!!!

http://garritan.com/index.php?option...151&Itemid=169

Randy, I do hope I can get my access code (or what ever it is), so I can start the oh so glorious download/install process soon.

Thanks again to Garry for offering this amazing library as a prize in the sonar orchestral shootout composition! I haven't been this excited about getting a new program since I switched from using a free notation software with horrible midi sounds, to Finale and the GPO sounds!

Re: It"s here it's here!!!!!

Darn it - I think I checked every 10 seconds for the last 5 days, and it arrives just after it's turned the Sabbath, so I can't click on the 'buy now' link. Oh well, 24 hours of anticipation.

The demos are fantastic - well done Randy in particular. If I hadn't already been champing at the bit to buy the library, that would have sold it!
    David

Unhappy Re: It"s here it's here!!!!!

Clicking on the Order Now button takes me to the Products page where World instruments is NOT listed.
    I'll just have to wait till that's fixed.
    Also tried downloading the users guide but apparently I have to register with Scribed and create an account. Don't need/want another account/password on the web

Fred

No listing on the order page yet.

Though, I may have to be patient and wait anyhow. Am I the only one who wants/likes to have actual discs rather than just downloads, or are there others who do as well?
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    No listing on the order page yet.

Though, I may have to be patient and wait anyhow. Am I the only one who wants/likes to have actual discs rather than just downloads, or are there others who do as well?
    I used to, but now it doesn't bother me. Last time I rebuilt my system, the time it took me to install all my sample libraries was ridiculous, purely because they are on so many discs, and I have to be there to change them over. So I now have all my libraries on an external harddrive, already organised in the file structure that I want them to appear, then I simply copy the entire thing to my machines. The actual CDs/DVDs are now archived in wallets, just in case.
    David

I hope that the link to purchase it goes up today, as I actually don't have much to do today, and would be able to spend all day messing around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    I used to, but now it doesn't bother me. Last time I rebuilt my system, the time it took me to install all my sample libraries was ridiculous, purely because they are on so many discs, and I have to be there to change them over. So I now have all my libraries on an external harddrive, already organised in the file structure that I want them to appear, then I simply copy the entire thing to my machines. The actual CDs/DVDs are now archived in wallets, just in case.
    Admittedly, I do the same thing too... keep backups on external hard drives, etc... whether it be instrument samples, music collection, or whatnot. Perhaps it's just the collector in me that wants the case, liners, and all that (yep... have never purchased any music through iTunes or such).

(Now, if it was just a plain white disc with nothing else... which I could easily create on my own... I'd pass on it).

Also a little disappointed about not being able to download the user's guide/instrument list. Tried printing to PDF via a PDF print driver, but it ended up with some glitches in it.

So... still waiting!
    -- Matt Wong

download vs box!

I'd go for box only if it includes printed documentation-otherwise download, the burn to disk and store.
    I also keep all samples on external hard drive and actually use that drive for sample playback.

Fred

I do like discs and cases, for both software and music, if I can get them ... not really for any practicality, but aesthetic reasons ... the tangibility of it, the collectibility of it, and it looks nice on the shelf!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

1. I don't need more junk on my shelf.

2. I'm too darn impatient.

Go Back to forum