• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX bug? "Show Plugin" button dies in Ableton 8 - anyone experiencing this?

Share/Bookmark

Angry Stylus RMX bug? "Show Plugin" button dies in Ableton 8 - anyone experiencing this?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post this in the Spectrasonics support forums only they frustratingly don't allow users to post there!

Is anyone having the problem where the Stylus RMX VST plugin window stops appearing completely. It randomly stops being able to be launched within 1/2 hour of working on a track - I am working in Ableton Live 8. It happens even if I only have one instance of Stylus running on a single channel.

Driving me nuts. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    I also have other issues but this is the biggest. Stylus RMX is BUGGY!!
    If anyone has any ideas on a fix I'd be grateful. Upgrading to the latest version has not helped in the slightest.

I am running the latest version of Stylus RMX 1.9.4d in the latest Ableton live 8.2.1 on OSX 10.6

It seems Spectrasonics are aware of the problem as noted on their support forum -

> Also note that the first time you load Stylus RMX after upgrading to version 1.9 from an earlier version, the plugin window may not appear. Simply restarting Ableton Live should fix the problem.

(but I find restarting only temporarily fixes the problem until it starts happening again within approx. 1/2 hr)

Thanks,
    Natacha

Re: Stylus RMX bug? "Show Plugin" button dies in Ableton 8 - anyone experiencing this

Sorry, no, we haven't had any reports of a problem like that. That FAQ you quote only refers to the Audio Unit version, not the VST. Ableton is aware of that problem, but since it never happens again after the first session after upgrading, they understandably aren't giving it high priority.

I'd suggest contacting tech support for assistance.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Re: Stylus RMX bug? "Show Plugin" button dies in Ableton 8 - anyone experiencing this

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your prompt response - when you say contact tech support - which one exactly?
    ie. Do you consider this to be a Stylus RMX bug or an Ableton bug?

Thanks,
    Natacha

Creation of the window is the responsibility of the host. So if the window doesn't appear at all, you'd probably have better luck contacting Ableton about that.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Hmmm.. strange it doesn't happen with any other VSTs...

Annoying.

If anyone else out there also has this problem, let me know.
    It would be useful if spectrasonics opened up their forums to public postings.

Thanks,
    Natacha

Go Back to forum