Garritan World Instruments transforms any computer into a soundscape of the world, with rare and exotic instruments that add flair and color to any piece of music. It is powered by the robust and reliable ARIA Player, Garritan's powerful new 64-bit Sampler/Synthesis Engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.. The ARIA engine and Garritan sounds have been rigorously industry tested and are widely used in products by Microsoft, SONY, AKAI, MakeMusic (Finale) and many other industry leaders.
• A Complete and Comprehensive World Instrument Collection
– With over 350 individually sampled ethnic instruments, Garritan World Instruments offers more individually sampled instruments than any other ethnic sample library. The collection includes:
Winds: Native American flutes, bamboo flutes, Irish flutes, Chinese and Japanese flutes, Indian flutes, clay flutes, recorders, pan flutes, nose flute, and other exotic winds
Percussion: Taiko drums, Balinese and Javanese Gamelan ensembles, log drums, tablas, Ewe drums, balaphon, Udu drum, talking drum, steel drums, Latin percussion, and more
Strings: Vibrato-controlled fiddle and erhu, sitars, koto, shamisen, kora, oud, santoor, rebab, harps, mandolins, and many other stringed instruments.
Many others: didgeridoo, Middle Eastern reed instruments, accordions, Tibetan bowls, harmonium,bagpipes, and more!
• World Tunings
—Garritan World Instruments is unique in its full support for Scala files, a standard format that allows instruments to play in different temperaments and scales. World Instruments includes many instrument and region-specific tunings, and users can also add their own.
• Intuitive Controls
— The Garritan World Instruments Library is designed with playability and expressive control in mind. It features controls for dynamics, vibrato, keyswitched bends and tremolos, rolls, arpeggios, airflow noises, legato, auto-variability, auto-portamento, trills and more that make these samples realistic and expressive. Many of the controls in Garritan World Instruments are streamlined and standardized so that users can quickly become familiar with the library.
• Ensembles and Groups
—Access various sections and groupings, from traditional Chinese orchestras, Gamelan ensembles, Taiko groups, drumming circles to eclectic Bollywood bands, folk bands, or create any group of your choosing. The Ensemble Manager makes it easy to load pre-configured and user-created templates.
• Sample Player Included
—The World Instruments library comes integrated with the ARIA Player and works as a virtual instrument. There is no need to purchase a separate sampler. The ARIA Player uses Graceful Copy Protection and does not need a dongle to operate. Simply drag and drop the personalized graphic card onto the ARIA Instrument Engine to authorize it and get playing in seconds.
• Instantly Downloadable!
- Garritan World Instruments is affordable, eco-friendly, and available on demand. Simply download and play. There's no shipping, no waiting, and no box to discard. Downloadable instruments represent a small step toward a better earth – but a giant step for creativity.
• Designed for Compatibility
– Garritan World Instruments supports Mac (OS 10.4 and higher) and Windows (XP and higher). It runs as a standalone, a plug-in (VST, Audio Units, RTAS), and with supported notation programs. It is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
• Suited for Every Musician
—Professional composers can use this collection for quickly sketching parts involving ethnic instruments and to capture creative ideas. Hobbyists can use it to explore the world of world instrumentation. Students can use it to score projects and to study world music and ethnomusicology. The instruments in this collection are a perfect complement to the Garritan Personal Orchestra and Jazz & Big Band libraries.