• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Aria "Ensemble" menu

Share/Bookmark

The Aria "Ensemble" menu

In a couple of recent posts, I made reference to the ensemble menu in Aria. The new World Library has a nice set of pre-set ensemble templates, as do the other Garritan Libraries.

But I received a PM from someone who doesn't have the ensemble menu in his Aria, but he feels he's downloaded the most recent version of Aria.

Here's the upper left corner where the ensemble menu resides:

When the black window under the word "Ensemble" is clicked, you have a choice of many ensemble pre-sets tailored for the libraries you own. All the instruments will automatically be loaded, and with appropriate panning and volume positions.

Aria has gone through a dizzying number of upgrades, and it's impossible to keep track of them all. I'm more confused than most of you here, because during Beta testing, Aria is updated with every new Beta version of a library. We end up having Arias that don't match what's currently available.

As of the release of World, now we should all be on the same page, if we're World users. This new Aria is numbered 1.111.

The Ensemble menu has existed for several incarnations of Aria though - Unless you haven't upgraded a Garritan Library for a really long time, you should have that menu as pictured in the screen shot.

I have the question out to the programmers - why would someone with the newest download of Aria available not have the ensemble menu?

Randy

Re: The Aria "Ensemble" menu

I think some users may stumble as I did on a minor detail.

Clicking on the word Ensemble does not open the menu, at least not in the version v1.111 I have.

Clicking on the small white hyphen - just below the word Ensemble opens it.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    I think some users may stumble as I did on a minor detail.

Clicking on the word Ensemble does not open the menu, at least not in the version v1.111 I have.

Clicking on the small white hyphen - just below the word Ensemble opens it.
    Yes, I'm sure people click at the word "Ensemble" in vain. But it's even easier than clicking on the white hyphen - just click anywhere in the black box. That's the un-loaded window where the name of your ensemble of choice will appear.

It's still not clear to me why someone who has downloaded the currently available Aria upgrade wouldn't have this ensemble menu - ? - I hope a programmer will see this thread. I have the question sent out via the Development Forum and email also.

Randy

Hi Randy,

That sounds like an installation issue. I'd tell them to go to Add/Remove programs, uninstall the ARIA Engine, then re-install from the latest installer on ariaengine.com. Or contact support.

Best,
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hi Randy,

That sounds like an installation issue. I'd tell them to go to Add/Remove programs, uninstall the ARIA Engine, then re-install from the latest installer on ariaengine.com. Or contact support.

Best,
    Chad
    Hi, Chad - Thanks for the reply.

When I went to the ariaengine site this morning and noticed the latest version available for download there is 1.1.0.6, from August 23rd. Does it matter that now we're on version 1.111 with the new World Library? - And there's also the confusion over how there's the Aria Engine, and the Aria Player. Are they both updated when one downloads an upgrade?

But this is good advice about un and re-installing. I'll pass that on. Thanks.

Randy

Well, Chad, by PM the GPO user reports that he uninstalled Aria, reinstalled--but still no ensemble menu. He's using the download link at the Garritan store. Don't know what the problem is.

Randy

Go Back to forum