• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reflection

Reflection by Colton J. Provias

The simplest of all concepts are quite often the most powerful. Memories are merely a concept of our minds but they shape the way we live. And through a simple reflection of these memories, a life can be changed in its entirety.

I recently wrote this small piece using the Steinway Basic library. I usually use my MIDI Controller to figure out themes, chords, and etc. for the piece and then input them by hand into the score. For this piece, I wanted to add on an extra level of emotion to the piece so I decided to play the entire work in. I apologize in advance for my poor piano skills.

Only the theme in the piano part was pre-planned. Everything else was improved on the spot. I also decided to record each part only once, even though it meant keeping the mistakes intact. The goal was to create an image as to if I was playing this piece live (assuming I had more hands to handle the glockenspiel, triangle, and electric guitar too).
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: Reflection

Absolutely lovely in its gentle simplicity, Colton.

Beautifully done!

All my best,

David Sosnowski

What a lovely little tune!
    It‘s kind of funny but the theme reminds me a bit of the end title of Resident Evil 3 (The Game).
    But I think that’s just a coincidence.
    Anyway! Wonderful little piece.

All the best

Southern Ontario, Canada

I agree, very lovely music - thank you for posting!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Wilton, NH

Very pretty little piece. Simple but effective.
    Trent P. McDonald

David: Thank you! I look forward to writing more pieces like this in the near future.

Jan: I have never played any of the Resident Evil games, so it didn't take any influence from that.

sd cisco: You're welcome!

trentpmcd: It's fun to keep things simple for once.

Interesting fact, there's actually a dedication on this piece. To whom, I won't say. However, the dedication is hidden within the webpage the piece is on.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum