• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best Tubular Bells?

Share/Bookmark

Best Tubular Bells?

I\'m trying to find a great sample of tubular bells for my Roland sampler. I wondered if anyone up here knows of any great sample disks out there that feature this instrument...possibly in AKAI format, which the Roland will read...

thanks..
    Tom

Re: Best Tubular Bells?

Have you looked at Advanced Orchestra? They have a good set of chimes, and it\'s in akai format as well....

I have Advanced Orchestra\'s chimes which I found disappointing because a number of the notes sound either too clangy or \"dead.\" On the other hand I also have DS Soundware\'s (Ultimate Percussion) chimes and they are a work of art, with loud and soft layers, damped and undamped, and with different hammers as well. I don\'t know if they\'ve put their percussion package out in a non-Giga format but these chimes are outrageously good. - Doug

Doug...wow thanks for the glowing review! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the sounds.

Tom...I thought you had gigasampler? Anyway we will have a AKAI \"Symphonic Percussion\" coming out very soon.

Donnie

Donnie, I\'m happy to give credit where it\'s due! - Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    Doug...wow thanks for the glowing review! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the sounds.

Tom...I thought you had gigasampler? Anyway we will have a AKAI \"Symphonic Percussion\" coming out very soon.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I use a Roland 5080 for sample playback. I am saving dollars for the Gigasampler

The Roland reads AKAI disks....but with the harp sample from XSample for instance, even with
    128 megs I can\'t load the whole thing. Since I can\'t afford 25 Roland samples like Zimmerman, I\'m heading for the Gigasampler, and am hoping I am making the right decision....

Thanks guys for the suggestions...

Go Back to forum