• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: More World Demos Posted

Share/Bookmark

More World Demos Posted

There are some more demos posted on the World Instruments page
    http://www.garritan.com/index.php?op...151&Itemid=169

Demos are on the right had side of the page.

Check out:

RAGA WORLD by Randy Bowser (one of my favorites)
    BOLLYWOOD TECHNO by Robert Davis
    NATIVE AMERICAN CHIEFS by Randy Bowser
    and an updated CHINESE ORCHESTRA "GUILIN"

ENJOY!

Gary

Re: More World Demos Posted

How does one listen to them? I can't figure it out.

Yep, apparently the player is down. The tunes are listed but there are no links! I'm sure they'll fix it very soon - they always do.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

oops - Yeah, the Play buttons went >poof!<

Meanwhile - That's great to see the new ones up, Gary - Thanks! I'm especially glad to see you like the quasi-Indian raga one. --insert guitar playing smiley, asking you to see the guitar as a Sitar.

Rhandi

See if the Play buttons work now.

Randy - a big thank you for the fantastic job you did on the demos. We were so fortunate to find a Cherokee Chinese Polynesian Hindu Irishman with a kilt to do these demos.

Seriously, you did such extraordinary work and really showed the depth and range of this library.

In awe and appreciation,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    oops - Yeah, the Play buttons went >poof!<

Meanwhile - That's great to see the new ones up, Gary - Thanks! I'm especially glad to see you like the quasi-Indian raga one. --insert guitar playing smiley, asking you to see the guitar as a Sitar.

Rhandi

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    See if the Play buttons work now.

Randy - a big thank you for the fantastic job you did on the demos. We were so fortunate to find a Cherokee Chinese Polynesian Hindu Irishman with a kilt to do these demos.

Seriously, you did such extraordinary work and really showed the depth and range of this library.

In awe and appreciation,

Gary
    Yes, the play buttons work now, Gary, and you just pushed my Gratitude button. This has been such a blast to come up with those pieces being used for World demos. I am so glad you like them and have them on the World web pages. As I worked on them, my wife, Kate, was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to come out of the studio--She may still have to wonder that, because making music with World is so addicting!

Big congrats on this fabulous library, Gary - and thank you for welcoming my contribution to the effort.

now - more World instruments to try out!

Randy

Superb job on these, Randy!

I particularly liked the Native American Chiefs and the
    Chinese Orchestra demos -- excellent.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is a wonderful library and fun. The sheer amount of instruments can keep you busy for a very longtime.
    I enjoy very much using the huge variety of percussion. The whole library mixes so well with your other stuff for modern sounding use.
    Of course my favorite aspect is how one controls almost every element of performance. I love this approach compared to pre-made samples with the performance aspect already imbeded(IE vibrato/vibrato speed etc).

Wonderful JOB!
    Robert Davis

Just listened to the demos. Excellent job all.
    Was looking for a 64bit replacement for another of my 'world libraries'
    I'll be downloading tonight!
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Superb job on these, Randy!

I particularly liked the Native American Chiefs and the
    Chinese Orchestra demos -- excellent.

Best,

David
    Thank you so much, David. It's engrossing, entertaining, fascinating (more adjectives could be inserted) to work on these little pieces using World. Later on I know I want to do more of them. It's great to hear you've been enjoying what you've heard so far.

Cantabile
    - "...my favorite aspect is how one controls almost every element of performance. I love this approach compared to pre-made samples with the performance aspect already imbeded..."

I ouldn't agree with you more. There are software instruments out there which appeal to a user's desire for instant gratification - push a button, instant greatness - but it doesn't take long for a discerning user to realize that the more "ready out of the box" samples sound, the less flexible and useful they are. World really strikes a good balance of providing us with good samples which sound good without a huge amount of work, but which are raw enough that the user can tailor their sound as per the needs of a given project. That is true sophistication in music software, and we're fortunate that Garritan takes this kind of approach in the programming.

bluntinstrument - Great! Thanks for letting us know you got inspired to go for the download. Come back with some samples of work when you're ready!

Randy

Go Back to forum