Just wondering if it's possible to change the keyswitches in GPO4.
I've tried changing all the "lo_sw" & "hi_sw" values in the individual instrument sfz files but it didn't work.
Where can I change the global range setting (the default key setting)?
(I notice that there is a comment reflecting this but no corresponding values to be changed)
[See instruments sfz global section]
Incidentally, I was able to do it with World Instruments (yes, I just got it!),
but the programming is different - the global range setting is found within the
sfz files. I just had to change that and the 'sw_lokey' and 'sw_hikey' values.
It's possible to change these, I can assist you in editing the GPO switches. Although I'd say it's not officially supported, so make backups of all of your original files just so you can always revert back to your factory settings.
What instruments are you trying to change in GPO? Are you using the standard bank or notation? (the notation bank uses a keyswitch octave offset defined in the bank files, so they are all shifted down a few octaves) Are you just trying to shift the octave of these, or set them to discrete new keys?
Let's say I want to make changes to Cello 1 Solo KS (Standard).
Currently it has a KS range from 24 to 35
and I want to move it an octave down (12 to 23, right?),
what should I do?
I know I have to change all lo_sw and hi_sw values
in the instrument file but I also know that doing that is not enough;
what am I missing?
There is an easier way to do this. The GPO keyswitch opcodes use a variable before the opcode so those can be edited on a macro scale via the bank files.
To do what you want:
- Revert your Cello 1 Solo KS.sfz back to it's factory settings
- Open the file GPO.CLO.bank.xml within your Garritan Personal Orchestra 4/banks/Standard folder. (this is an xml file so you'll need a text editor that can open and save xml files)
- Within the GPO.CLO.bank.xml file locate the program id for your Cello 1 Solo KS (starts line 27)
- Add this line within your "<AriaElement>" section for that instrument. (Line 30 will work)
- Save the file. Close and reopen the ARIA Player and load your Cello 1 Solo KS instrument from the standard bank.
What you are doing is adding an octave offset to the KS for that instrument. By giving "$set_sw_octave_offset" a value of "sw_octave_offset=-1" which will shift the keyswitches for that instrument by an octave.
For what it's worth you can add this setting on a global scale per each bank file, or like we did in the above example only added that setting for the Cello specifically. Let me know if this works for you, and/if you have any trouble.