• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gone for Awhile

North Carolina

Gone for Awhile

For the last two years I have been struggling with heart disease and a Renal Cell Carcinoma. Additionally, my wife and I built a house in the NC mountains and moved. My wife has become a survivor of Breast Cancer. We have been busy.

I am attemptimg yo get back to music. I am back working full time as a psychiatrist and am trying to fit all this together but I have atarted writing again (music) and hope to have something to post soon.

Those of you who remenber pianodoc, hello.

Those of you who are new to me - it's good to meet you.

Davis Mauney -pianodoc.

Re: Gone for Awhile

Welcome back! I love the North Carolina mountains. The Pigeon Forge river is fantastic.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Welcome back, David!

All my best,

David Sosnowski

WOW! you have had a lot on your plate,
    it's great to see you back here David!

I wish a speedy and complete recovery for you and your wife. I look forward to hearing your music.

I too am a cancer survivor. IT CAN BE DONE!

Larry G. Alexander

Orcas Island

Hi David

Welcome back! It is so good to see you here again. I have just recently returned to the forum too after an extended absence.

It saddens me to think of what you and Ann have been going through. I know just a little bit about the ordeal and stress involved. I'm so glad Ann made it through and is now a survivor. And I hope they caught it early on for you and you will have a full recovery.

It is so good to have the support of many people here who care. It has helped us a great deal.

Our positive thoughts, well wishes and prayers are with you.

All our best,

Hi David,

Welcome back to the forum. I wish you and your wife the best and a speedy recovery, looking forward to more of your contributions here.

A Legend returns - More great news at this time of thanks-giving!

WB - and "... hope to have something to post soon..." is an excellent thing to read. Don't forget we're here to help if you need some assistance getting back up to speed, pianodoc.

Wishing for your health to keep improving and for your fingers to get movin.'
    Also, so very glad to hear that your wife is well again.

It's great that you are a member of the medical field where you can help people
    on a daily basis. That must be very rewarding.

We are looking forward to hearing some more of your music. I know that playing
    and composing are great "medicines" even for healthy folks because music is such a
    natural healer (in my opinion).

If you are interested in reading about the life of Robert Schumann, a book was
    published in 1985 by a Dr. Peter Ostwald (another Psychiatrist) entitled, "Schumann:
    The Inner Voices of a Musical Genius." I am reading it now and it is a super account
    of all phases of Schumann's life which, to say the least, wasn't a normal one. As a
    Psychiatrist, you would really enjoy Dr. Ostwald's comprehensive account of a genius
    that was plagued with so many personal problems and how he tried to cope with them.

Glad to hear from you......

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by pianodoc View Post
    Those of you who are new to me - it's good to meet you.
    If so, belcome back!
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum