• Register
  • Help

Topic: Compare Scarbee J-Fingered 1 & 2...

Share/Bookmark

Compare Scarbee J-Fingered 1 & 2...

Hi,

J-Fingered 2 is now finished and you can listen to the solo bass track from J-Combi demosong 1 at http://www.scarbee.com

A similar solo tracks of JF1 is also available so you can compare the 2 sounds.

Note to JF2: The slap sound (from J-Slap 2) might need to be a bit louder - what do you think?

Thomas

Re: Compare Scarbee J-Fingered 1 & 2...

Hey Thomas

The demos sound great.

I think you\'re right about turning up the slap sound - it sounds a little \'distant\' compared to the straight notes surrounding it.

Do you think you could do a \'straighter\' rock style bass demo? I know it\'s not as much fun, but I\'d like to hear the finger bass just holding down a groove and not dancing as much

Hey Chadwick:

\"I think you\'re right about turning up the slap sound - it sounds a little \'distant\' compared to the straight notes surrounding it.\"

Good - me too. Thanks.

\"Do you think you could do a \'straighter\' rock style bass demo?\"

Yes, but I don\'t think I will do any demoes for some weeks now as i have to finish the last bass so i can send it to Mastering.
    As soon as I\'m done with my part of the job I will try to make some great new demoes - including a simple rock beat.

What else would you like to hear? A jazzy part? or Latin?

Feel free to give me some ideas.

Thomas

How about a Jaco/Tower of Power/Jeff Berlin/Michael Manring influenced Country tune? (with Tuck Andress style comping in the guitar part)

Naah...too easy for you..

Maybe something \'African\' (Bakithi Kumalo type stuff) or even..(shock,horror) a Bass and Guitar duo? (McLaughlin/Jonas Hellborg)

or you could just play whole notes (01:16 in the \'disco\' demo sounds awesome)

Go Back to forum