• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't Link To Reference Photos From This Forum ... Help!

Share/Bookmark

Can't Link To Reference Photos From This Forum ... Help!

Hi Everyone,

I just finished my write-up on my contribution to the Christmas CD and was trying to link to a couple of reference photos. They both seem to be small files (under 450 Kb).

I loaded them to a new folder on my Box.net account, but when I paste the URL in the "Insert Images" dialogue (within my message of the write-up), all I get is a little red "X" with the eight enlargement squares ... no photo.

I tested inserting it as an "Insert Link", and that worked, but of course you would then have to download it ... not what we need here.

Any secret to doing this successfully?

Thanks for any tips!

Frank

Re: Can't Link To Reference Photos From This Forum ... Help!

Hi Frank, email me the pics and I will host them for you and send you links so you can put them in your message.

watch video...

Windows 13.8 Mb
    Quicktime 10 Mb

or
    YOUTUBE

Your problem was because you can't hot-link to photos with a free Box account. But you can from Photo Bucket and other freebie photo sites. That's for future reference - looks like Dan will fix you up for your Christmas post. Looking forward to it!

Randy

Dan, THANK YOU for helping me out in the 11th hour (maybe it was the 13th hr!) of trying to get this thing hosted and posted. I do appreciate it!

Randy, THANKS for the free-site photo hosting tip ... I'll have to check it out. I thought I have the $9.99 Box account, but will check to see if that is the case. Who can remember?!

Regards,

Frank

glad to help ...
    nice write-up Frank!
    Dan

Go Back to forum