• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie questions

Share/Bookmark

Newbie questions

Hello
    I Recently purchased JABB3
    Sorry the answers to these questions are probably staring me in the face somewhere - but can't find them

What do the 3 icons (look like light bulbs) next to the aria keyboard do??

and the next question

On the settings page of the Aria Player it states I'm running aria 1.02 - I noticed on the garritan website that there was a new version out 1.111
    But when I download (on windows) it just creates a file with a Type of 111(1), which I can do nothing with
    Any ideas how I download the new version???

Thanks....Gordon

Re: Newbie questions

Those light bulbs are the pedals on a regular US piano. The are, from left to right, the soft pedal, sostenuto pedal, and the sustain pedal. For an example, try clicking the sustain pedal and then play a few notes. Click the sustain pedal again to turn it off.

Try downloading the ARIA updated from http://www.ariaengine.com/downloads. It should give you a zip file which you can then double click to open and then run the installer contained inside.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by WITHNELL View Post
    On the settings page of the Aria Player it states I'm running aria 1.02 - I noticed on the garritan website that there was a new version out 1.111
    But when I download (on windows) it just creates a file with a Type of 111(1), which I can do nothing with
    Any ideas how I download the new version???

Thanks....Gordon
    Your browser is stripping the file extension from the download. Either rename the file with a .exe extension or download it with a different browser like Firefox.

C J , Tony

Thanks for the replies

I took the easy option of changing the extension to .exe

Installed ok

and I see the lightbulbs(what an idiot!!!) are actually shaped like and marked as pedals in the new release

Hi Gordon:

Welcome to the Garritan Forum. You will make a lot of friends here and
    even those you don't know will give you help when you need it. There are
    no "idiots" on this Forum. We are all at different levels of expertise with
    Gary's libraries. What you will find is that you will hear some demos that
    will astound you.........made by some of our Forum members.

Have fun and let us know how you are doing...

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum