• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Decision Time: Wait For Possible GPO4 Holiday Sale, or Spring For EWQLSO Plat Plus

Share/Bookmark

Decision Time: Wait For Possible GPO4 Holiday Sale, or Spring For EWQLSO Gold

It looks like has EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold for $195. I've read various opinions online about various orchestral libraries, but many of them are dated. I'd love to hear any comments by this community about EWQL Gold. It's possible that GPO doesn't go on sale, and that makes it only $45 less than the CyberMonday sale on EWQL.
    John B.
    ------------------
    Sonar 8.5 Producer (64 bit)
    Notion 3

GPO4
    EWQL Symphonic Choirs

2.5 GHz Core2 Quad, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit
    Audiophile 192

Keystation 61es

Re: Decision Time: Wait For Possible GPO4 Holiday Sale, or Spring For EWQLSO Plat Plu

There will be a Garritan sale according to the newsletter I received a few days ago. The sale will be in a couple weeks. GPO will be $99 for the sale. Hang around the Garritan forum for updates.

Jim

Re: Decision Time: Wait For Possible GPO4 Holiday Sale, or Spring For EWQLSO Plat Plu

How does GPO4 rate against EWQL Symphonic Orchestra? Say the Platinum which is a whopping $600 off for a couple days.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

I ended up buying EWQLSO yesterday. Even if it is an older library. There is a huge amount of material in the library that I know I will find very useful in my compositions. And for half the original cost. I'd say go with EWQLSO. I have all of the Quantum Leap products (minus Hollywood Strings) and I have not been disappointed with any of them.

Happy Shopping,

- Gavin

I have EWQLSO Gold and rarely ever use it except for some of the percussion. Still use GPO more to this day. That is an awesome price for Gold though. At these prices, get both.

Jim

Well, after all is said and done, I ended up bowing to the budget and foregoing what is admittedly a terrific buy on EWQL SO. I'll get GPO4 when it goes on sale, and that will be my (only) symphonic library for a year or more. I'm disappointed at missing the opportunity, but I am truly blessed just to have what I will have.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.
    John B.
    ------------------
    Sonar 8.5 Producer (64 bit)
    Notion 3

GPO4
    EWQL Symphonic Choirs

2.5 GHz Core2 Quad, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit
    Audiophile 192

Keystation 61es

Isn't there a major difference between GPO4 and EWQL Symphonic Orchestra?
    Am I right to assume that EWQLs product is the same principle as Symphobia where you get whole sections out of the box and you don't have to layer them yourself as opposed to GPO where you need to "build" the orchestra yourself, so to speak.

Re. "Am I right to assume that EWQLs product is the same principle as Symphobia where you get whole sections out of the box and you don't have to layer them yourself"
    ---If I understand what you mean by sections, no, that's not quite correct. EWQLSO has patches of combined trumpets OR combined trombones etc., but not patches of entire sections of the orchestra combined, such as horns combined with strings and timpani, like Symphobia does. Both are great products, but they are far from the same type of library.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I see, thanks for your info, I wasn't quite clear about that. But one would be right to say that GPO and EWQLSO are different products after all for that reason, is that correct? Guess my question is, does it make sense for me as GPO4 owner to purchase EWQLSO?
    I like the idea of having a library with say sections of strings / brass so I don't have to spend extra time to build them up myself in GPO4 for example. Or would it make more sense to go directly for Symphobia.
    I know a lot of people would say get both but my budget doesn't allow for that at the moment. Composing music has been a mere hobby to me for the longest time but for the past two years I've written a few pieces for short films and I'm interested to pursue this more.

Hi Marc,

If you want access to a wide range of individual orchestral instruments, or a patch containing, for example, 4 trumpets, then EWQLSO is the one to focus on. If you want a combination of instruments in one patch or multi, then the Symphobias provide that. However, I nearly always augment Symphobia tracks with individual instruments from other libraries, or use other libraries on their own. Symphobia 1 and 2 are not inexpensive either, so I suggest that you'd really want to check them out throughly before purchasing. Personally, if I could only afford one item, for a lot of reasons, I'd definitely go with SO first. With all the recent promotions and low prices, EWQLSO is/was (IMO) a 'no brainer'. Hope that helps.............frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum