• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't get GPO4 updater/Manual question

Share/Bookmark

Can't get GPO4 updater/Manual question

I have been trying to download the GPO4 update since around 1PM today and just cannot get past about 218MB and most recently I gave up before 5MB as it was going at such a snail's pace. No matter what I try or when I try it, the download is pitifully slow. Unuseable. I am in California and have cable modem internet...... my speeds are pretty fast. Just to be sure, I called TW and had them send a signal to the modem and I did the whole reboot dealio........ still no good for the update. Everything else is blazing. I downloaded some huge Pro Tools updates today and yesterday, as well as some 1700mb Big Fish loop libraries. Not a problem at all.

Prior to trying to get the GPO4 update today, I downloaded the Aria Engine Update and the Aria Player Update. I realize they are minute files, but still..... they came in snappy like.

This GPO4 update...... another story. Did I mention it was slooooooooooooow?

Seriously though....is there a known problem with this 900+MB download? I will try again in the wee hours but should I rather go for the DVD and pay the $10? I just prefer not to have a disc if a download is always available.

Also, what has been changed and do I need to do this upgrade? I am using Pro Tools 9.

About the manual.

I cannot find the manual within the GPO 4 folder or the application. I also cannot seem to download the web version or convert it to a PDF using the print function. It says I have to subscribe to some service or other to get it. I did not go deeper at the time but I assume this is a pay service and wonder if the manual is available anywhere for download, to registered users for free?
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Re: Can't get GPO4 updater/Manual question

Quote Originally Posted by Lister Coleman View Post
    ....should I rather go for the DVD and pay the $10?
    Make that $25.

I just tried again...downloader hung up at 49MB this time. Is there a way around this without having to drop the $25? As it is I want to upgrade my J&BB to the latest. I just cannot afford the $25 as well as the $49 upgrade, plus how is that download going to be?

On that score, I went to go look for my serial number today in order to upgrade J&BB only to find an error message when I tried to open J&BB. It said I had not registered my copy. This is not true. Of course I registered it years ago when I bought it. How does it become unregistered? Luckily I still have the DVD case with the serial number in it. Seriously, why would it say it's not registered?

Not having the greatest luck with my Garritan products at the mo'.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Hi Lister,

Sorry you are having such a tough time with the download. I honestly didn't run into any problem. That makes no sense at all, not with the fast speeds you have from Time Warner. I know how fast they are as we use TW for work. I hope someone here will try to address this issue for you soon.

In the meantime, I did want to give you a link to download the GPO4 Manual:

http://www.box.net/shared/onyo09usfc

I uploaded this sometime ago when some people couldn't find a copy in the Garritan folder on their computer. I run a PC, so I'm not sure where the folder would be on your Mac. For me I go to Programs/Garritan ARIA Player/Personal Orchestra 4 and it's there. In any case, I hope this will at least address one of your issues.

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Thank you so much for the manual Gary, I am grabbing it now.

I'll give the download another try today.

Much appreciated.

You may want to look into a download manager. They will help if you get a stalled or dropped download by picking up where the download failed. Then you don't have to do the download from the beginning.

I've never had to use one for the Garritan programs or other things I've downloaded so I can't recommend one.

Jim

Hey,

A bit sorry for bringing this up, but my GPO4 download won't even start. And I've just downloaded JABB3, COMB2 and World Instruments without any problems and at decent speed.
    I use IE. Is THIS a problem?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Makendzis View Post
    Hey,

A bit sorry for bringing this up, but my GPO4 download won't even start. And I've just downloaded JABB3, COMB2 and World Instruments without any problems and at decent speed.
    I use IE. Is THIS a problem?

Thank you in advance.
    That shouldn't be a problem, but you I suggest to download http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ and use it for big downloads.

Go Back to forum