• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm in need of some serious help!

Share/Bookmark

I'm in need of some serious help!

I'm in the process of getting back to work with music composition. I had been having some problems with my ADK computer (six years old) running Windows XP Pro. When I took it in for repair. I discovered that the C: drive was failing..failing...failed. All of my music had been backed up so no loss there but all of my software is gone. Of course, I have the disks and serial numbers but getting them back in operation is causing some headaches. I was running Garritan Orchestral Strings - Giga studio 3 and GVI; GPO 1,2,3,and 4 NI and Aria, Garritan Stradiivarius, Gofriller Cello, JABB (1), Finale 2011; Sonar 6 and Altiverb. Much of the authorization information went the way of the hard drive that failed.

I need someone with the appropriate knowledge to point me in the right direction to begin the process of restoring my tools if this is possible. To this point I have only been able to reinstall Finale - and then only because I used the second of two allowed installations.

Thanks.

David M.

Re: I'm in need of some serious help!

Hi David (and welcome back!),

I can point you for Giga ...

Re: GigaStudio 3: I found a recent response (5-6 weeks ago) in the GIGA section of this forum ... you may want to peruse those threads. Are you aware Garritan bought the Giga technology from Tascam? Garritan does NOT support it though (understandable). But here is that recent response which should shed some optimism...

"" ... Just thought I'd jump in here and report my experience:

I had to reinstall Windows and had trouble reinstalling Gigastudio. I thought I had backed up the license but it hadn't backed up properly. I ended up calling Tascam and although I was on hold for almost 30 minutes, once I got hooked up with the registration guy he was very helpful. We actually did most of it by email because he had to send me some files to reset the registration "engine". But it went smoothly and I'm all set once again (and this time I backed up the drive just after reinstalling Windows and Gigastudio so I shouldn't have to go through this again). ... "

So, you might want to try the Tascam.com site and send them your info ... they have one of those 'closed-circuit' problem-reporting message systems. Sounds like a call is the best bet, though.

I still have Giga 3 working on my legacy XP Box, and when I set that up three years ago or so, I had to go through the same set of hoops the fellow above did. They had to send me a registration engine re-setter as well ... Oy!

Good luck!

Frank

GOS2 can not come out soon enough, I can't wait till I no longer need Gigastudio for anything.

Dan

a m e n !!

RE GOS:
    If you have Kontakt, (or Chicken systems "Translator) you could convert the gig files into Kontakt. I did this years ago and worked through many issues to create workable .nki files.. I still have the .nki files and can send them to you.

In 2002 an update of GOS also contained a special version of Translator "Translator Garritan Edition tlr_gos.exe" that I also have and would be glad to email to you.
    Just PM me

Fred

Frank, Dan and Fred:

Thanks for your responses. Last night my internet went down and I wasn't able to respond until I got to work this morning.

Thanks again for your resonses.

I'll keep you posted as things proceed.

David M

That's really nice of you Fred, but I am going to suffer with GS3 on the old Dell till the magic green smoke comes out of it.

I actually really like GS3 but every time I hit save I sit in horror expecting the BSOD.

When you used GOS with Kontakt, were you able to also use Maestro Tools in front of Kontakt?
    Dan

If your NI stuff is current, you should be able to reauthorize via their website. Their authorization system is a bit weird sometimes, though, so you may have to deal with their tech support. Either way, I'm sure they'll be able to help you. It probably wouldn't hurt to make sure you have the most up to date installers, etc while you're there, too.

Insofar as altiverb, that's probably the easiest of the bunch, aside from GPO4. Since they use iLok, all you should need to do is hit their website and download a new installer. IIRC, you should only need the email address they have on file for you to do so. They also have individual IR's for download, and you can request access to a bundled file of all the "stock" IR's from their tech support. If you don't know your registered email, just shoot support a note, or call them. I'm sure they'll be able to help you (and update your email address in their records in the process). IIRC, their installer includes an ilok driver installer, as well.

You can, of course, download your GPO4 installer and keycard from your account on Garritan's website. I'm not sure about the older versions of GPO, JaBB, etc...but worst case, i'm sure their support will be able to get you up and running in no time!

sorry to hear you're having such trouble

kell
    "...you get to drink from...THE FIREHOSE!!!"

DPDan,

Never tried to use Maestro Tools in front of Kontakt.

I see Gary has announced that GOS2 is next in line - WHOOPIE

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...orld-the-choir

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes View Post
    RE GOS:
    If you have Kontakt, (or Chicken systems "Translator) you could convert the gig files into Kontakt. I did this years ago and worked through many issues to create workable .nki files.. I still have the .nki files and can send them to you.

In 2002 an update of GOS also contained a special version of Translator "Translator Garritan Edition tlr_gos.exe" that I also have and would be glad to email to you.
    Just PM me

Fred
    Hey Fred,

I thought I should mention the converting of GOS files in Kontakt works great...however (and you knew there'd be one) I only have the player version of Kontakt 4. I can only use the files from GOS for 15 minutes and then it quits working. I would love the "Translator Garritan Edition tlr_gos.exe" if you could PM that to me. It sure would make a difference as, since I updated to Windows 7 when my computer hard drive crashed last summer, I can not get Gigastudio to work at all. Thanks Fred!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum