• Register
  • Help

Topic: Violin

Question Violin

Hi! I'm new to these forums.

I've been trying to get the violin in GPO(4) to sound like the violin in this piece:

Was the violin (are there two, maybe?) created with GPO? Because it sounds like the Violin 3, but I can't get mine to sound as realistic as it. Lots of pitch bending maybe?

Re: Violin

Hi symphonyofone and welcome to Northern Sounds,
    the two instruments you are hearing in Toby's song is a Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin on the left,
    and a Garritan Gofriller Cello on the right. Both of these instruments are no longer available for sale.

You are correct,.. the vibrato, vibrato speed, portamento, bow pressure are all features that can be manipulated to produce an exact sound.

GOS2 is a new library that is now in development by Garritan and it will include solo stringed instruments as well as string sections that will produce the sound you desire.

It is still in development and has not yet reached the beta phase.

Here is how the Garritan Stradivari solo violin sounds in a classical piece of music.

I was afraid of that.

However, I am happy to know that I wasn't missing some important technique or something, and I'm even more excited about GOS2.

Guess I'll have to push the pitch-bend controller to the limits for now.

By the way, I really like the way "Knights and Magic" sounds. It's really good.

thanks symphonyofone!

GOS2 can not come out soon enough.

Go Back to forum