• Register
  • Help

Topic: solo brass

Share/Bookmark

solo brass

Can\'t seem to find any solo brass samples that would be usable in a virtual brass quintet (trumpet,trobone,french horn,tuba).
    Dan Dean seems to have solo winds and strings but no brass. Vitous samples don\'t seem to have all of these (as solo instruments) either. I have the Conexant midi samples but they are not of the quality I\'d like. Any ideas, anyone?

Re: solo brass

I am programming Dan\'s solo brass library right now. I can tell you for sure that this is the one you are going to want and wait for. The players are incredible and there are some new programming features that are really cool.

Donnie
    DS Soundware

The X-Sample library has MOST of those instruments (and then some!), all beautifully recorded and very expressive. It\'s missing the Tuba, unfortunately, so you might need to use the \"Tuba God\" instrument from Quantum Leap Brass. X-Sample volume 3 contains Horn, Trumpet and Trombone.

The 12 volumes of the X-Sample library are one of the best investments a composer can make, in my opinion. There are dozens of unique instruments, including things like the Psalter, Spinet, Oboe D\'Amore, and a large set of incredible percussions you are not going to find anywhere else. Also, unusual playing techniques are included for many instruments.

Go to www.xsample.de and check out their demos and documentation. You can get only the volumes you need, or the whole 12 volumes. It\'s one of the best collections out there, highly recommended!

A-
    ---------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    I am programming Dan\'s solo brass library right now. I can tell you for sure that this is the one you are going to want and wait for. The players are incredible and there are some new programming features that are really cool.

Donnie
    DS Soundware
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Donnie!
    I look forward to the eventual release of the Dan Dean brass samples. I have no less than 3 multi movement brass quintets and 2 brass quartets (2 trumpets/2 wide mouth tenor trombones) plus a concerted work for organ, timpani and brass quintet for which I\'d like to create sequences and then play them using top quality Gigasampler version sounds.
    Some of this has been performed by live musicians but the attraction of using careful sequences realized by top quality sampled sounds is very real.
    Best.....Roger O. Williams

The Tuba patches on Quantum Leap Brass are truely excellent. There are some good solo trombone and trumpet patches as well. I\'m more impressed with the trombone stuff.

There is an OK solo french horn in Advanced Orchestra.

I\'m definintely going to check out the Dan Dean stuff when it comes out. I hope someone makes a good demo of it. I haven\'t purchased the Dan Dean solo woodwinds because I have yet to hear a demo that makes me really want that library.

Roger,

I just added two new presets in the brass that are going to be killer. There is nothing like this availble and this is really on the cutting edge.

As far as timpani you might want to check out our \"Ultimate Timpani\" library. It contains every nuance you could ever want. You can hear it at http://www.dssoundware.com

Donnie

Any idea as to when the Dan Dean brass will be released?

By the way, the Ultimite Timpani is excellent!

P.S. did you get my email about the marching band library?

Part of it has already gone out to beta. We are just doing the normal last minute tweaking and trying to add as many new things as possible.

Esperland; I\'m not sure if I got it. Could you resend it? donnie@dssoundware.com

Donnie

Go Back to forum