English not being my natural langage, try my best to be clear and consistent.
Just bought, a month ago, GPO 4 (box version). Using it as a VST with Cubase Essential (windows XP). The first month was OK (no regard to the quality of my compositions......).
Then i had the bright idea to upgrade my GPO version, though they were no real reason to do it. Since..........
I don't think i have closed cubase once properly.
Crash sentence has to way to express itself :
- trying to save my current composition
- trying to reach ARIA interface.
In each case, cubase freezes and do not respond anymore.
Those crashes doesn't occured systematically. After a while. One hour being the elapsed time after which each minute is pure bonus.
Sometimes a warning : i loose my current loaded sample of one of my track. Cubase still works fine but this silence is the prologue of a death sentence systematically (save composition or open Aria to solve my problem being both lethal).
Has anyone encountered such problem ?
- my PC configuration remains the same during this period (i had installed or upgraded no other program except Firefox).
- problems occured working on a new composition, using samples i had never used before (brasse section & percussion).
- my aria is very slightly used : these only two samples being loaded.