• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ready to buy Steinway; need clarity on using Aria

Share/Bookmark

Ready to buy Steinway; need clarity on using Aria

I'm sold on the piano. But can someone please explain to me where to park the piano and Aria engine? I would like to put it on a separate, very powerful computer (i7, 3.08 GHz, 24GB RAM) that is also being used by L.A. Scoring Strings working out of Kontakt 4.1. I probly wdnt attempt to run both programs at the same time.

There's plenty of room on the drives and plenty of memory. ... Just an explanation, pls, of what the steps are after you download the Basic version of the piano.

Many thanks,
    Karolsz

Re: Ready to buy Steinway; need clarity on using Aria

I run the Steinway plus other instruments using ARIA, Kontakt 3.5, Kontakt 4.1 and VSL Ensemble all at the same time on one computer without any problems. So it should be no problem to run LASS with the Steinway. Steinway doesn't use much system resources.

Jim

Re: Ready to buy Steinway; need clarity on using Aria

Just used both programs quite successful#ly (although not to their full extend I reckon...)

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ay-and-strings

No problems, with a computer less powerfull than yours, but still rather powerful and 6 GB of RAM (i7 920, Caviar Black drives, etc). and I have all my samples on the same drive, a Caviar Black 1 TB big!

I seriously doubt you'll have any problems with the Garritan Steinway. I used to use it with a P4, 2.8 GHz for real! So really, NO PROBLEMS! Plus I think it sounds GREAT!

Go Back to forum