• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Aria tutorial - Making the Garritan World Bagpipes demo

Share/Bookmark

Re: Aria tutorial - Making the Garritan World Bagpipes demo

Wow excellent tutorial. It is interesting to see how others use Sonar to achieve the same effects. Thanks for this and thanks for using my short segments in the beginning and end. That was an unexpected surprise =P

Anyway fantastic tutorial.
    Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    Wow excellent tutorial. It is interesting to see how others use Sonar to achieve the same effects. Thanks for this and thanks for using my short segments in the beginning and end. That was an unexpected surprise =P

Anyway fantastic tutorial.
    Hey there, Robert - This is so perfect for you to be the first person to watch and comment on the tute, since your music does indeed start and end the video. Hope you noticed you got a nice big fat credit, font as big as for mine!

It was a fun project, re-creating exactly the way I did that particular demo, a process which is basically what I did for all the demos. The one with bagpipes is the simplest one I did, and I hope the basic, straight-forward way I mounted the project helps some newbies out especially.

Thanks so much for letting me know you saw this.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hey there, Robert - This is so perfect for you to be the first person to watch and comment on the tute, since your music does indeed start and end the video. Hope you noticed you got a nice big fat credit, font as big as for mine!

It was a fun project, re-creating exactly the way I did that particular demo, a process which is basically what I did for all the demos. The one with bagpipes is the simplest one I did, and I hope the basic, straight-forward way I mounted the project helps some newbies out especially.

Thanks so much for letting me know you saw this.

Randy
    Most welcome. You did a wonderful job.

I find it interesting to watch, especially how other sonar users do things.

What is cool about sequencers in general is there are so many ways to achieve the same desired result, or at least close. This gave me some cool ideas that I never thought of using.
    Robert Davis

great job Randy....

remember to put some space between your thoughts... between cuts/takes
    it is a lot to comprehend for those who are watching with great eagerness.

Making these toots is great fun.
    Dan

Well done, Randy...really nice to see how someone is working with this library. I´m Always open for more..;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    great job Randy....

remember to put some space between your thoughts... between cuts/takes
    it is a lot to comprehend for those who are watching with great eagerness.

Making these toots is great fun.
    Dan
    Haha, yes, I know, Dan. This was made as an over-view demo of what could be covered in 4 or 5 more slowly paced tutes which would have more detail given at a leisurely pace.

But Gary liked it, and asked me to post it as-is, even though it's at this lightening pace. It was edited down from 25 minutes to this 14 1/2 minute version. Your negative feedback is exactly what I'd already given myself. What you see is the result of cramming the whole Enchilada into one wee little Taco.

More reasonably paced vid tutes to come. But hopefully this zip-through will at least whet the appetite of new users to know more about each step I took to make the World demos.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Francis View Post
    Well done, Randy...really nice to see how someone is working with this library. I´m Always open for more..;-)
    Glad the vid was interesting to you, Sid. Since people have been enjoying the demos so much, I thought it would be fun to pass on some info about how they were done. Hope you're having fun with the library.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    ...This gave me some cool ideas that I never thought of using.
    Hello again, Robert - That's great that this zippy vid gave you new ideas.

I intended to keep the Sonar segment as 101 as possible, what with only one bus (besides the Master), minimum EQ, minimum editing, minimum automation - things a newbie could get up to speed on without much strain. It's all pretty standard Sonar usage and easy to do, even though it is gone through at a break-neck speed in the vid, as Dan pointed out.

Importing a guide video soundtrack is something not done all the time, but is an unbeatable technique when it comes to emulating instruments we don't usually work with. Maybe that was something a bit different for you.

Thanks for being here on the thread, and, by the way, thank you for the great World demos at the Garritan site.

Randy

Nice demo Randy. You almost make me want to buy Sonar

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us in a clear concise manner.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum