• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ewql pianos?

Share/Bookmark

ewql pianos?

I was playing some impro today when it occurred to me that the piano from ewqlso silver I was playing is probably the best vst piano I have... I do have many others, but this one has a bright quality and a sustained sound that makes me want to buy the ewql pianos. Anybody out there that does have the ewql pianos wanting to share an opinion? Thanks

here's some free impro with the forementioned piano, just to get the idea of the sound I'm after (more or less ecm70s)

www.robertosoggetti.com/EWQLPiano.mp3

and a sarabanda for a different flavour...

www.robertosoggetti.com/EWQLsilverPiano.mp3

Re: ewql pianos?

I have EWQLP and I think it is absolutely fantastic! I bought the full version. When I first loaded it, my girlfriend (who is not into music or playing) was in the other room and as soon as I started playing it she immediatly came in and asked, "What is that, it really sounds like a real piano!"

What I really like about it, is that it sounds "Real" across the entire keyboard. I don't get any of that digital artifact sound on certain keys like I hear with some others.

I'm not saying that there aren't other piano samples out there that are also really good. I don't really know, I haven't bought them all though I do have several. But, I've been really happy with it and haven't been motivated to try the newer ones coming out.

I have the full version too and I'm having a blast with it. There was a recent update to it which has improved playability, and ironed out some kinks. (it's still not perfect by any means though). The single most bothersome bug with it that seems to still be there is that softly played notes with the sustain pedal, on the Bosendorfer, on the 4th B below middle C, and on at least some of the FULL patches, play one semitone too high. This is a bizarre problem to be present at all, let alone now, years after release. Thankfully this problem is not present on the Lite patches.

Greg.

Roberto,
    I forgot to say that the instrument in EWQLP that is probably the closest to that bright sound you have in EWQLSO is the Yamaha C7. I say this going by the demos on the site only, because I have not yet tried the EWQLP Yamaha for myself. (I'm a bit disk space challenged!)

I like that piano sound of yours a lot. What kind of piano is it? I can't see any pianos in the current (Play) versions of EWQLSO.

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by elcabong View Post
    I have EWQLP and I think it is absolutely fantastic! I bought the full version. When I first loaded it, my girlfriend (who is not into music or playing) was in the other room and as soon as I started playing it she immediatly came in and asked, "What is that, it really sounds like a real piano!"

What I really like about it, is that it sounds "Real" across the entire keyboard. I don't get any of that digital artifact sound on certain keys like I hear with some others.

I'm not saying that there aren't other piano samples out there that are also really good. I don't really know, I haven't bought them all though I do have several. But, I've been really happy with it and haven't been motivated to try the newer ones coming out.
    thanks elcablong, you're confirming my impression...

Quote Originally Posted by sullivang View Post
    Roberto,
    I forgot to say that the instrument in EWQLP that is probably the closest to that bright sound you have in EWQLSO is the Yamaha C7. I say this going by the demos on the site only, because I have not yet tried the EWQLP Yamaha for myself. (I'm a bit disk space challenged!)

I like that piano sound of yours a lot. What kind of piano is it? I can't see any pianos in the current (Play) versions of EWQLSO.

Greg.
    hi Greg! The piano patch (it says Steinway B) is in the percussion/wood folder, I'm sure you have it... I'm really impressed by the quality of ew samples. I have recently bought ewqlso gold and boy it has such expressive sounds... anyway based on your words I think I'll procrastinate the pianos library, until all is fixed. Thank you very much for your reply!

Thanks. I don't have EWQLSO - I was looking on the web site, that's all. And yes, I now see the Steinway B listed. Sorry about that.

Perhaps see if you can try EWQLP on someone else's system - maybe you'll find it quite ok. The place I bought mine from actually had the capability to demo it but I think that's rare unfortunately.

Greg.

Now that I have a PC powerful enough to run it, i would have to say that EWQL Pianos are the best sounding sampled pianos I have ever heard....and I own just about all of them (Ivory II, Galaxy, NI Pianos -which really are horrible IMO-, Alicia Keys, etc.)

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Hello Quantum7. When you referred to NI pianos, were you talking about the "Acoustik Piano" set? I also did not care for them.

I'd be very interested in your opinion of Alicia's Keys (in general) and how that compares to EWQLP since your taste seems to run close to mine.

I'm talking about EVERY piano NI has ever produced (with the exception of Alicia's Keys). NI, for some reason, cannot do pianos right IMO. Alicia's keys, though, must have been produced by a different team because it sounds REALLY good, but is best suited best for pop/RnB music. If you need a great universal piano for classical, movie scores, pop/RnB, and anything else that needs a truly authentic grand piano, EWQL Pianos sound the best to my ears.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Go Back to forum