• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Seasons Brightly

Share/Bookmark

Seasons Brightly

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Here is my humble contribution to the literature of Christmas Music. I produced this last month, too late for the 2010 Christmas CD. Anyway, all done with the GPO4.

Seasons Brightly

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: Seasons Brightly

Hi sd cisco. I enjoyed this piece. It definitely has the sound of the Christmas season. I think the growing instrumentation and brightness at the beginning is particularly effective.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Hi sd cisco. I enjoyed this piece. It definitely has the sound of the Christmas season. I think the growing instrumentation and brightness at the beginning is particularly effective.

Hello again, Trent!

Thank you for listening and for your positive remarks about "Seasons Brightly", my first and perhaps only attempt to write in the "Christmas" genre. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and almost all the existing music related to it, it is just so hard to get those pieces out of your head and attempt to pen a new one!

Best regards!

sd cisco

I have to admit that I'm not the first one to rush to hear "holiday" music - I spend so much time trying to avoid it. I'm really not a grinch - I just get overloaded. That said, I was wary of clicking the link - I'm very glad I did. This is a lovely piece, and builds superbly. It does have a holiday-feel to it, yet it is fresh and well done. Glad I overcame my internal "humbugness" to listen!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

I agree with the comments of rpearl, this is definitely a nice refreshing Holiday piece of music. Are you planning to wrap a movie around this score? It has that kind of sound to it. I keep waiting to see the credits.

Very nice piece of music and score very well. Thanks for sharing it.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    I have to admit that I'm not the first one to rush to hear "holiday" music - I spend so much time trying to avoid it. I'm really not a grinch - I just get overloaded. That said, I was wary of clicking the link - I'm very glad I did. This is a lovely piece, and builds superbly. It does have a holiday-feel to it, yet it is fresh and well done. Glad I overcame my internal "humbugness" to listen!

All the best,
    Hello Ron and thank you for listening and commenting on Season Brightly! I feel as you do about the genre, I have musician friends who say they can't stand Christmas music. However, I don't have a complete phobia about it, there are many rich memories attached to the carols, etc. I think I am being a little out of character writing and posting this but after working on the Huron Carol earlier, it wasn't too hard. I also noticed after reviewing the
    Garritan Christmas CD's from the past, that the Huron Carol had not been used before.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I agree with the comments of rpearl, this is definitely a nice refreshing Holiday piece of music. Are you planning to wrap a movie around this score? It has that kind of sound to it. I keep waiting to see the credits.

Very nice piece of music and score very well. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hi there Rich!
    I appreciate you listening and commenting positively on Seasons Brightly! I don't have any cinematic plans for the music at this time, perhaps later. In any event, the Christmas Season will come and go quickly and that will be that for another year!

Thank you again!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Nicely done, SD... with its steady, almost anthemic quality.

Enjoyed the listen!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

..........and all the best to you as well my friend! It may be years before I embark again on such a project!
    Thank you for listening and commenting!!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hi SD,

Very nice! I thoroughly enjoyed your rendition of the Huron Carol on the Christmas CD, but it's always nice to hear an original work by someone who's arrangement's you enjoy and admire.

Unlike a lot of musicians, I LOVE Christmas music because I like the fact there are only a hundred or so compositions that define the genre (counting them all, religious, secular, and pop), and I love to hear how different musicians interpret these familiar works. There is a reference point for the arrangements, not unlike every blues being some variation of a I-IV-V chord progression.

Anyway, thanks for posting this!

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast