• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garriton Orchestral String

Share/Bookmark

Garriton Orchestral String

I purchased the Orchestral Strings Library for Akai many years back, but was not able to make much use of it due to sampler memory and program issues.
    Is there a way to upgrade to a plugin version?

Re: Garriton Orchestral String

no,

GOS requires Gigastudio. It might be possible for you to find Tascam's GVI which is a Windows and Apple compatible plugin player. Not sure what to suggest.
    Dan

Kontakt should do it.

Try Soundlib G-Player... an option to keep Giga libraries "active"

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Kontakt should do it.
    Yea this is what I also would've suggested.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Kontakt should do it.
    I can confirm that it does. I have imported GOS into Kontakt 4.

I've tried importing my GOS samples into Kontakt and they never perform very friendly. Since I'm not much of a sample programmer (outside of some SUPER basic editing) I sure wish there was a good resource for the kontakt .nki files. Particularly if there was any way to get the legato features etc.

I have always thought GOS sounded far better than GPO. I just love the programming in GPO. It still baffles me why Gary and crew has never updated GOS to take advantage of GPO type programming. It seems like such an easy revenue stream. I paid I think $1k for the library way back when. I'd pay more for an update that put it in Kontakt and made it easy for me to work with.

Not to mention the strangeness that TWO YEARS ago they announced GOS 2 was in the works at NAMM. Since then..... Nada.... Go figure.

Re: Garritan Orchestral String

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley View Post
    I've tried importing my GOS samples into Kontakt and they never perform very friendly. Since I'm not much of a sample programmer (outside of some SUPER basic editing) I sure wish there was a good resource for the kontakt .nki files. Particularly if there was any way to get the legato features etc.

I have always thought GOS sounded far better than GPO. I just love the programming in GPO. It still baffles me why Gary and crew has never updated GOS to take advantage of GPO type programming. It seems like such an easy revenue stream. I paid I think $1k for the library way back when. I'd pay more for an update that put it in Kontakt and made it easy for me to work with.

Not to mention the strangeness that TWO YEARS ago they announced GOS 2 was in the works at NAMM. Since then..... Nada.... Go figure.

Apparently GOS2 is still in the works. Here's a recent thread in the Garritan forum that touched on this subject (please note Gary Garritan's response):

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...hoir-or-GPO-5?

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the section strings in GPO4, but the solo strings not so much. If the Garritan team can follow through with GOS2, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Until then I"ll just make do, but I hope we won't have to wait too much longer!

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Go Back to forum