• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Pro Tool 8 LE: Can't find the Plug-In

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Pro Tool 8 LE: Can't find the Plug-In

Nothing related to GPO turns up when I select from the plug-ins in the inserts section of Pro-Tools. I have added GPO to the Plug-Ins folder of Digidesign along with ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm from the download. What am I doing wrong? I thought that as a RTAS, Pro Tools would find the GPO software. It found Reason.

Re: GPO and Pro Tool 8 LE: Can't find the Plug-In

Welcome to the forum, Theebrujo!

I'm bumping this up for the both of us as I have Pro Tools M-Audio and I would like the answer to this as well. I have gone through the users manual for Pro Tools and I can't find the answer for this. Hopefully a user of Pro Tools can point us in the right direction. Any takers?

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

hello to both of you.

Are you on mac or pc?
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hi Eric,

I'm running a PC with Windows 7.

Gary

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I'm bumping this up for the both of us as I have Pro Tools M-Audio and I would like the answer to this as well.

http://www.m-audio.com/?do=support.f...cc46ef1a6a7528

"Q: Can I add any additional instrument plug-ins or effects to Pro Tools M-Powered Essential?

A: No, Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is limited to the included instruments and effects. If you wish to install any additional Digidesign or 3rd party plug-ins, you must purchase the full version of Pro Tools M-Powered."
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by theebrujo View Post
    I have added GPO to the Plug-Ins folder of Digidesign along with ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm from the download. What am I doing wrong?
    Hope you didn't copy the whole GPO folder to your pro tools plugins folder!

All you need is ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm where it's installed by default. In Pro Tools, you'll find ARIA Player along with your other virtual instruments (you know how to insert a virtual instrument track, do you? ). from that instrument, you have access to your GPO library.

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post

"Q: Can I add any additional instrument plug-ins or effects to Pro Tools M-Powered Essential?

A: No, Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is limited to the included instruments and effects. If you wish to install any additional Digidesign or 3rd party plug-ins, you must purchase the full version of Pro Tools M-Powered."
    I have the full version of Pro Tools M-Powered.

can you confirm you have this?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm

If not, copy it from "C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\RTAS\ " to that address above

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    can you confirm you have this?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm

If not, copy it from "C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\RTAS\ " to that address above
    Yep, it's there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Hope you didn't copy the whole GPO folder to your pro tools plugins folder!

All you need is ARIA Player RTAS_x86.dpm where it's installed by default. In Pro Tools, you'll find ARIA Player along with your other virtual instruments (you know how to insert a virtual instrument track, do you? ). from that instrument, you have access to your GPO library.
    Inserting the virtual instrumant track did the trick. Thank you!
    I can hear the notes. Now I just have to fugure out why they do not show up when I record. I'm using an instrument track per the Pro Tools Ignite manual.

Go Back to forum