• Register
  • Help

Topic: an orchestral impro

Share/Bookmark

an orchestral impro

as a mean to learn ewqlso gold I have played this semi-improvised short piece, contemporary kind of stuff...

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/ewgold.mp3

Re: an orchestral impro

Molto buon!

Outstanding work, Sr. Roberto! It seems as though you have mastered this East-West sample library.

I look forward to hearing more fine music from you.

Best regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Molto buon!

Outstanding work, Sr. Roberto! It seems as though you have mastered this East-West sample library.

I look forward to hearing more fine music from you.

Best regards,
    You are very kind as always, mr Larry! As for mastering the library, it will take some time, but I do like it a lot...

Very nice. Very provocative music. You should develop the piece into a full blown form.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Very nice. Very provocative music. You should develop the piece into a full blown form.

Steve Winkler
    Steve, thank you, I might develop it, although it costs me much more than dropping down a couple of ideas as I've done here... to really compose I still use pencil and paper, so it becomes a longer process. If you could see how many undeveloped ideas I have on my drive, you'd start kidding me

I totally understand. I'm a "pencil and paper" guy myself. In this century literal pencil and paper has been replaced by Finale. But the process is really no different. It is alot of hard work too.

So for this piece, I'm curious if you sketched something out (perhaps your normal process) or if you fired up a sequencer and went for it so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I totally understand. I'm a "pencil and paper" guy myself. In this century literal pencil and paper has been replaced by Finale. But the process is really no different. It is alot of hard work too.

So for this piece, I'm curious if you sketched something out (perhaps your normal process) or if you fired up a sequencer and went for it so to speak.
    no sketches in this case... I ran through the many patches to get a feel of the sounds of the library and in so doing I started improvising runs with the violins, testing the legato and portamento scripts... then added a pizz cellos line, loaded french horns, bones, harp, flute and kept playing... that's it basically, it came out of extemporaneous ideas. Thanks for your interest, Steve

Very dark and intense and too short.

Please treat us with the finished composition, soon?

Walter
    LC520 25MHz (my first iMac AND still working ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QS G4, G3 iMac, iMac 3.06 GHz,
    + midi/audio software, hardware and midi/acoustical instruments

Go Back to forum