• Register
  • Help

Topic: steinway does not work with laptop

Share/Bookmark

steinway does not work with laptop

I have installed Steinway and GPO4 in my desktop and they work very well.Now I am trying to install both in my laptop and only GPO works.Steinway loads and the message is : no answer.I have reinstalled several times, upgrade Ariaplayer but it does not work,I do not know why?My laptop is a Dell vostro 3500 intel core i5, 4GB and 320HD.
    thanks any help,
    cunha

Re: steinway does not work with laptop

Could you supply more information - Are you trying to install Steinway Pro, Basic, or Standard edition? What version of Windows are you running, and is it Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?
    Does the installation complete successfully? If you installed Standard or Pro edition, did you run the Sample Manager and install the samples with it? If everything installed successfully, you'll need to choose a Microphone Position in the user interface. Could you describe the error message you get in more detail, and exactly when you get it? Were there any prior error or warning messages, perhaps during installation?
    Thanks-
    Jeff

Hello Jeff,
    I am trying to install Steinway standard edition.I was running Windows 7 professional 64 bit,but it did not work so I have changed to Windows 32 bit because on my desktop is working fine but it did not work too. I have installed steinway several times but the message is always:Steinway does not respond.If a open Aria player the message is the same:Aria does not respond.The strange thing is if I load Aria with GPO4,it works.I have reinstalled Steinway and I insert classic dvd,the message is:
    Steinway sample manager corrupt(classic)one or more folder is missing.Status will set to not installed.You must have to delete the files manually.If you have moved the files manually please select the locate option.
    So I have installed again and changed to VST plug and it begins to load classic.
    Note: it did not ask me the serial number.
    Classic install successful.It did not ask me the other dvd,but I Have inserted and:Under lid install successful.The strange thing again is: if I launch the Steinway Sample Manager it did not ask me the serial number.When I load Steinway in microphone position or Aria player it loads and the screen appears empty,so I try again to load and nothing happens.
    Sorry if I wrote so much but it is what happens.
    Thanks again for your attention
    Cunha

Quote Originally Posted by cunha View Post
    Hello Jeff,
    I am trying to install Steinway standard edition.I was running Windows 7 professional 64 bit,but it did not work so I have changed to Windows 32 bit because on my desktop is working fine but it did not work too. I have installed steinway several times but the message is always:Steinway does not respond.If a open Aria player the message is the same:Aria does not respond.The strange thing is if I load Aria with GPO4,it works.I have reinstalled Steinway and I insert classic dvd,the message is:
    Steinway sample manager corrupt(classic)one or more folder is missing.Status will set to not installed.You must have to delete the files manually.If you have moved the files manually please select the locate option.
    So I have installed again and changed to VST plug and it begins to load classic.
    Note: it did not ask me the serial number.
    Classic install successful.It did not ask me the other dvd,but I Have inserted and:Under lid install successful.The strange thing again is: if I launch the Steinway Sample Manager it did not ask me the serial number.When I load Steinway in microphone position or Aria player it loads and the screen appears empty,so I try again to load and nothing happens.
    Sorry if I wrote so much but it is what happens.
    Thanks again for your attention
    Cunha
    Hi Cunha,

I, too, installed on a laptop a couple of days ago. After installing the first DVD and opening Sample Manager it did not ask for my serial number either. But I finally saw on the Sample Manager the word "Serial". It's in the upper left-hand corner sort of. I clicked on that, a widget opened up for entering my serial number and then all was OK. I was able to install everything after that. Hope this helps you some.

Best regards,
    Robert

Now it is working.I have reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits again and so update Steinway and Aria Player, the sample manager asked me the serial and suddenly,I do not know how, all is working very well.Thanks a lot Jeff and Robert for your help.
    Cunha

Go Back to forum