• Register
  • Help

Topic: I have GPO 1.0 and buying Finale/Sibelius... what do I need?

Share/Bookmark

I have GPO 1.0 and buying Finale/Sibelius... what do I need?

I've been out of the loop for a long time... long, unpleasant story.

I have GPO version one-point-oh.

I'm about to go and buy the latest version of either Finale or Sibelius to start composing again. My MIDI keyboard is very simple and basic, so I'll be using the notation package for most controls. (My live playing is lousy anyway - I'll be doing step time!)

So, what do I need to buy/add to Sibelius (my most likely choice for ease-of-use) to get the full Garritan library added to the basic sounds included with the notator?

Thanks!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Re: I have GPO 1.0 and buying Finale/Sibelius... what do I need?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
    So, what do I need to buy/add to Sibelius (my most likely choice for ease-of-use) to get the full Garritan library added to the basic sounds included with the notator?
    to add Kontakt Player to the active devices list and the proper SoundSet.
    Regards
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    to add Kontakt Player to the active devices list and the proper SoundSet.
    Regards
    I don't get it... When I buy Sibelius, I just install the GPO I have? I thought there was a special Sibelius GPO upgrade to buy or something... I'm fine with that.

I don't get it... When I buy Sibelius, I just install the GPO I have? I thought there was a special Sibelius GPO upgrade to buy or something... I'm fine with that.
    No, but if you're willing to spend the money anyway, it would help to upgrade to GPO4.

I've been out of the loop for a long time... long, unpleasant story.

I have GPO version one-point-oh.

I'm about to go and buy the latest version of either Finale or Sibelius to start composing again. My MIDI keyboard is very simple and basic, so I'll be using the notation package for most controls. (My live playing is lousy anyway - I'll be doing step time!)

Thanks!
    Since you already have GPO, you should be able to simply buy the GPO 4 upgrade through the Garritan Store. However, you will need the serial number that came with your original purchase. You can find it on a sticker inside the hard-copy manual that you got with the GPO install disks. But you no longer have the manual, you say? Lucky for you I still have GPO 1 on my computer, so I can guide you on what to do:

Open the Kontakt player. Click on the animated Kontakt Player logo thingie (upper left corner under the File menu). In the About Garritan Personal Orchestra window, you'll see your registered serial number. Once you have that, you can go to the Garritan Store and enter the serial number to make your purchase. I just tried this with my SN from GPO 1, and it works, so as old as your version of GPO is, you're still eligible for the upgrade.

Once you buy and install GPO 4 on your computer, there are two updates you'll need to download. One is the update to GPO 4.02, and the other is to ARIA 1.111. Both downloads are available through the Garritan Store.

As soon as you're done with the whole process, you'll have the latest and greatest of everything you'll need on the GPO side. At the princely sum of $49.95, it's well worth it, and I think you'll be quite pleasantly surprised by all the improvements that have been made since GPO 1 first came out.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

1. Buy Finale
    2. Get GPO4
    3. Happiness reigns.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Heh... now now can I buy the GPO4 upgrade without the use of a credit card...

I'm serious... Gary, you take cheques? My first one cleared 5 years ago.

EMT?

1. Buy Sibelius
    2. Upgrade to GPO4
    3. Happiness reigns forever!
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Still an issue... but my credit rating may be finally good enough for a credit card by now.

Go Back to forum