• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Praise Of Soniccouture

Share/Bookmark

In Praise Of Soniccouture

I just downloaded their freebie RMI Electric Piano and I'm gobsmacked. This is a fabulous lib... Great basic sound (if you can even remember what it sounded like). And then, digging a bit deeper? The programming -remarkably- detailed. Amazing stuff for a free offering. But pretty much what I've come to expect from these guys.

I own a couple of their things and I gotta say, their attention to detail is tremendous.

What I especially like is that they take the time with the programming. Most companies, as nice as the raw samples may be, or as cool as the scripts are at x-fading or round robining, don't, IMHO do all that much with various controller stuff.

But SC does. They always link little thingees to controllers and do a lot with Kontakt FX.

I wish I could afford all their stuff (much of it I don't really 'need'), but I'm sure that their version of whatever I've got would be much better, simply because of those details.

Sorry for gushing. Been meaning to say this for a long time.

Re: In Praise Of Soniccouture

SC are indeed great. I love that they not only do the slightly 'out there' instruments, but do them properly. Some developers seem to work on the principal that all we want from things lke prepared pianos is a few representative noises, whereas SC approach everything under the assumption that we want to be able to play it. And I particularly love them for having done the Gamelan - if that was all they'd ever done they'd still be one of my favourite developers.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    SC are indeed great. I love that they not only do the slightly 'out there' instruments, but do them properly. Some developers seem to work on the principal that all we want from things lke prepared pianos is a few representative noises, whereas SC approach everything under the assumption that we want to be able to play it. And I particularly love them for having done the Gamelan - if that was all they'd ever done they'd still be one of my favourite developers.
    Yeah, that Gamelan. Maybe the only lib I ever bought without a real immediate -need-. Just could not resist the beauty.

They have a nice sale going on until the end of the year...

Go Back to forum