• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finalle 2011 and Aria Player/GPO 4 glitch

Unhappy Finalle 2011 and Aria Player/GPO 4 glitch

I have Finale 2011 and AriaPlayer/GPO 4 installed on my main iMac hard drive and also on an FireWire External Hard drive. That is, same installations and same same set up.

Both drives have OS 10.6.

When I boot into my main iMac's hard drive and launch Digital Performer 7 or Cubase Essentials 5 or any of my other DAW's and using the AriaPlayer assign the instruments for either Finale or GPO4 to a track ( usually a pre-recorded midi track ).

However when i boot into the FireWire External Hard drive and launch DP7 or Cubase only the instruments for GPO4 are available.

Help/suggestions please because both drives have the same software installed so if one hard drive can use both instruments why is the other drive ( the external FW drive ) not able to use both instruments.
    LC520 25MHz (my first iMac AND still working ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QS G4, G3 iMac, iMac 3.06 GHz,
    + midi/audio software, hardware and midi/acoustical instruments

Re: Finalle 2011 and Aria Player/GPO 4 glitch

Normally, GPO users install their DAW or notation program on their main hard drive
    and if there are a great number of instruments in their library, they install the
    instruments on an external hard drive. I would say that a lot of Finale users
    keep their instruments on their main hard drive as well.

You may be running into trouble by installing your Digital Performer on your
    external hard drive. What is the advantage of having it there?

Maybe I set my Mac up a little different than most people, but I have it set up
    this way:

GPO-4, JABB, WORLD, COMB2 are installed on my main hard drive with their samples.
    Garritan Authorized Steinway: Program on main hard drive, samples on external hard drive.

Maybe some other users can give you a better setup for your particular software
    programs, but my setup has been very kind to me in both speed and longevity.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum