• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installation of Pro Version

Share/Bookmark

Installation of Pro Version

I have the Basic version of Garritan Steinway installed and will be installing the Pro version soon. Should I do a complete uninstall of Basic before installing Pro? I've checked the Forum for an answer and didn't see one.

My thanks to anyone who can help.

Lipinska

Re: Installation of Pro Version

I believe you can add the Pro version without uninstalling Basic. I have both on my computer and I don't remember uninstalling anything.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I believe you can add the Pro version without uninstalling Basic. I have both on my computer and I don't remember uninstalling anything.

Jim
    Yeah, that would be consistent with the way GPO operates, where you can have GPO4 alongside the earlier versions that used Kontakt Player.

By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing GA Steinway sometime next year. Can it work with ARIA? The only reason I ask is that the Garritan Store lists the Pro version as a Reason Refill. Never owned Reason (well, that could be taken several different ways! ), and I would only go with GA Steinway Pro (sorry, but under the lid is all we get with Basic ??!!??), so the answer to this is kinda important.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Thank you for the quick response. I'll try it that way first and see what happens. I would like to keep Basic installed so I don't lose my presets. After reading some of the topics here, it seems that installing the 16 bit version and setting a 44100 sample rate will make things sound and work best. Any thoughts there?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    Yeah, that would be consistent with the way GPO operates, where you can have GPO4 alongside the earlier versions that used Kontakt Player.

By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing GA Steinway sometime next year. Can it work with ARIA? The only reason I ask is that the Garritan Store lists the Pro version as a Reason Refill. Never owned Reason (well, that could be taken several different ways! ), and I would only go with GA Steinway Pro (sorry, but under the lid is all we get with Basic ??!!??), so the answer to this is kinda important.

Steve
    It's my understanding that GA Steinway Basic and Pro both use the Aria player. It's a terrific interface.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Lipinska View Post
    It's my understanding that GA Steinway Basic and Pro both use the Aria player. It's a terrific interface.

Robert
    Yes, it is, and I'm really grateful for the wonderful stuff we have through Garritan.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Go Back to forum