• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 8.5.3 doesn't find KP2

Sonar 8.5.3 doesn't find KP2

Hi all.

I got some older compositions that use KP2. When getting into Sonar, it cannot find KP2. In Sonar I tried to find a possibility to redirect KP2, which was activated already. In fact I reactivated it today. Still no change. In the SynthRack the ON/OFF switch is greyed out and the plugin name is among parantheses, which means it's disconnected. I cannot activate the button.

Short of the chore of filling up KP3.5 with instruments, which in this case would be a huge job because of the number of instruments (they're broken down to 4 KP2s), what can I do to maybe redirect KP2 to Sonar?

Thank you, S.

PS: I've been away from Sonar/KP for about half year, so I may have forgotten how to do this. I consulted Garrigus' book, but found nothing about this.

Re: Sonar 8.5.3 doesn't find KP2

It sounds like you need to re-scan your Cakewalk VST folder. Tools>Cakewalk Plug-in Manager. After the scan, make sure you've added KP2 in your VST layout.

My Sonar 8.5 and X1 have no problems with K2, as long as it appears in the Cakewalk VST plug-ins folder. But, as Randy says, you can still add the K2 folder to Cakewalk's by using Sonar's Plug-in Manager.
    Arvid Hand

Thank you Both!

Before I scanned the VSTs, I took a look and KP2, KP2-8 and KP2-16 were all displayed in the VSTs column. I rescanned, they were there and I created a new folder in the layout column. No matter what I do, KP2 is not found. KP3 is OK. I haven't touched my setup that used to be working 6 months ago. I may have to reinstall everything or, just re-create the KP2 instrument inserts. Big job, since I have quite a few pieces to do. But I've lost enough time by trying to make KP2 work so a reworking of the instances by reinserting the instruments would actually save me time, or so I believe. Since the midi tracks inside Sonar are intact, I don't think it's going to be that taxing.

Thank you again and have a nice holiday season!

Sylva, I can't tell for sure from your description if you're using the Sonar Plug-in Manager correctly. You may be, but in case you aren't, here's a picture of the Manager open.

At the far left are the categories. In the middle is everything in your Sonar VST folder after the most recent scan. Then on the right is where you choose what you want to have show up in your menu, and how everything will be displayed.

Notice I have KP2 in the big central list, and the I've added it to my default Instruments menu, under Samplers. To add it, I chose it from the center list, then in the menu being built on the right, I highlight the item directly above where I want the new entry to appear. Clicking "Add Plugin" puts the instrument in the list.

You're doing it that way?

Go Back to forum