• Register
  • Help

Topic: .TXT file for Steinway in Finale?

Share/Bookmark

.TXT file for Steinway in Finale?

is there a text file for use in Finale, that allows us to load it from the wizard menu?

for the time being, I have to load another piano, then change it to the Steinway.

Re: .TXT file for Steinway in Finale?

if someone could give me the information necessary, I don't mind taking the Gofriller or Strad text file and adapting it to accept the Steinway.. if that is possible.

maybe I can use the GPO4 txt file? since it is for the Aria player.
    I'd need the library ID number.

anyone?

this would be immensely helpful.
    right now, when one wants to use the Garritan Authorized Steinway in Finale, we must load another instrument first, then remove it to replace it with the Garritan Steinway.

going to bump this one again...
    please, I'd really like SOMEone to answer.

is there ANY way to get a txt file so that Finale can recognize the Steinway that I bought?

it seems to me that it should, like all the other Garritan libraries I've bought, come with a txt file that allows Finale to recognize it as a viable instrument choice in the set-up wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    going to bump this one again...
    please, I'd really like SOMEone to answer.

is there ANY way to get a txt file so that Finale can recognize the Steinway that I bought?

it seems to me that it should, like all the other Garritan libraries I've bought, come with a txt file that allows Finale to recognize it as a viable instrument choice in the set-up wizard.
    This forum doesn't seem to get as much traffic as the others for some reason. I'd suggest posting your question on the General Discussion forum, as that may increase your chances of having someone see it who could give you an answer. You may also want to post it on the Notation/Sequencing forum.

Really wish I could be more help myself, since I use Finale 2010. Unfortunately, I don't own GAS (yet) and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of GAS2.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Hi Michel,
    I'll see what I can do for you after NAMM - I hadn't answered yet simply because I don't have any information on how to create the .txt for Finale. I'll have to get the necessary info from MakeMusic and others, but I'd expect it should be possible.
    Jeff

Go Back to forum