• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Revisit and complete overhaul to GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Revisit and complete overhaul to GPO4

Finally after many months of laziness(lol) managed to get this completely into Aria/GPO4. In the process I ended up changing some orchestration and lots of midi data. Funny how picky we get. I think I was born in the wrong time period. I tend to prefer the late Romantic Era out of all music eras and it is probably very obvious.
    GPO4 is definitely miles beyond the original GPO(not that the original is a bad thing! It was great. Now it is just better then ever)!
    The picture is of a trail I used to walk all the time with my father... Enjoy...

Robert Davis

Re: Revisit and complete overhaul to GPO4

W O N D E R F U L ! ! !

I'm not aware of what has changed from previous versions, but this is really something worth to listen.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

A very good piece. You really manage to get a lot out of the theme, which is melodic, but not too melodic, and the harmony and orchestration are great: somewhere in style between Mendelssohn and Wagner (the modulation at 3:53, and that voice leading at 1:17!), with perhaps a bit of Brahms. It's sweet, perhaps slightly melancholic, and peaceful. A very worthy memory.

You were not born in the wrong era. There is nothing wrong with Romantic music. I happen to be fond of nearly anything between Renaissance and modern "classical", but most people would take Romantic music over 20th century. Be glad you've be born now, with all these wonderful tools. I'd almost say: thank you parents for that...

Bravo.
    Theo

Thank you guys
    Most of what had changed is it being completely moved to GPO4. However I did change quite a bit of orchestration.
    Robert Davis

No apologies for your music. Very well done piece of music. Nice theme and nicely orchestrated.

Thank you for sharing something obviously so personal.

Sounds great! Nothing wrong with late Romantic. The lightening of the mood at the end is very effective, maybe shades of Death and Transfiguration or similar idea. I really enjoyed it.
    Trent P. McDonald

Robert Davis,

This is a superb composition!

In fact the original version of MEMORIES OF FATHER was a major factor in my subsequent decision to purchase GPO. In my opinion, that recording was one of the few early GPO renders to come so close to fidelity that one would have to pay very close attention in order to discern the difference between a sound library or a real orchestral performance.

Moreover, I am pleased to finally know the name of this work’s creator.

Sir, your father would be proud of this achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    Robert Davis,

This is a superb composition!

In fact the original version of MEMORIES OF FATHER was a major factor in my subsequent decision to purchase GPO. In my opinion, that recording was one of the few early GPO renders to come so close to fidelity that one would have to pay very close attention in order to discern the difference between a sound library or a real orchestral performance.

Moreover, I am pleased to finally know the name of this work’s creator.

Sir, your father would be proud of this achievement.
    Thank you all very much.

Some very big compliments and it is much appreciated.
    Robert Davis

Wow, your really good!
    I'm very, very impressed.

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Robert Davis:

A really great piece of music and an even greater tribute to your father.

I really enjoyed the dynamics of this piece and your rendering left little
    to be desired. Really great Robert.

Your orchestration sounds very complete to me and the melody and
    harmonic content are excellently executed. Fine writing.....

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast