• Register
  • Help

Topic: Micing for Sampling an Organ

Share/Bookmark

Micing for Sampling an Organ

I hope this is appropriate for this forum -- I know there are several sample cd manufacturers out there who read this forum, and I\'d like to get some tips from you.

I would like to sample a small pipe organ at my university, its\' a 13 rank Bosch Tracker 2 manual and pedal. The swell box is located right above the keyboards, the stops of the great are on the facade above the swell and \"behind\" the organ for want of a better word. I could mic these inside of the organ, or on a boom from the side (there\'s a large opening to the pipework chamber.) I\'ve never sampled anything with mics before, so I don\'t know where to mic from, not what mics would be best.

I\'ll be recording this in stereo, possibly with a second stereo pair for reverb and resonance release. I use an Aardvark Direct Pro LX6, and will likely be recording in 44.1/16-bit (Unless you have a better suggestion here, as I could go as high as 96/24 bit.)

Does anyone have some good advice and suggestions for me as I plan this project?

Thank you!

Re: Micing for Sampling an Organ

There is quiet a bit involved in undertaking this kind of project....more than what could be posted in a conference forum. If you would like to post your email address, I would gladly give you step-by-step details and answer your questions as you proceed with this project.

Thank you, MacPhearson.

Drop me a line at jasonw1977\"at\"hotmail.com -- from there I\'ll give you my \"real\" email address. (This will at least avoid some spamming robot from harvesting my real email address from this post!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BachN4th:
    Thank you, MacPhearson.

Drop me a line at jasonw1977\"at\"hotmail.com -- from there I\'ll give you my \"real\" email address. (This will at least avoid some spamming robot from harvesting my real email address from this post!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent you an email at that address, but it was returned with a message stating that address does not exist. Do you have a different email address?

That would explain why I haven\'t seen much mail coming in on that account... haha

This one is working, bachn4th\"at\"yahoo.com

My apologies!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BachN4th:
    That would explain why I haven\'t seen much mail coming in on that account... haha

This one is working, bachn4th\"at\"yahoo.com

My apologies!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried that address and the email was returned the same as the other one.
    Sorry

I\'ve tested both mail acconts and they are working and recieving mail fine...... not to state the obvious, but you are changing \"at\" to @, right?

I\'ve tested both mail acconts and they are working and recieving mail fine...... not to state the obvious, but you are changing \"at\" to @, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dumb stupid me, no I did not change \"at\" to @. I did not pay any attention.....I just merely copied and pasted your address without noticing \"at\"

Go Back to forum