• Register
  • Help

Topic: FRANZ KROMMER ADAGIO for 2 Clarinets & Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

FRANZ KROMMER ADAGIO for 2 Clarinets & Orchestra

Krommer & Mozart established many of the features of most clarinet soloes.
    Their use of the clarino range established the use of this register and the chalmeau(low notes) to feature the clarinet sound.
    Krommer was a little later than Mozart & earlier than Rossinni.
    Since many groups don't have an orchestra available for accompaniment, this is arranged for 2 solo clarinets with 3rd & 4th clarinets, basset horn & bass clarinet.

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=8017932&q=hi

ALLEGRO 1ST MOVEMENT of the Duo Concerto. It's too large only 1st 9 minutes
    To access this file, click +350 songs on any of my soundck songs player.

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...=10044052&q=hi

Re: FRANZ KROMMER ADAGIO for 2 Clarinets & Orchestra

Hi. Perhaps you guessed it, but the link doesn't really work like this. The weird thing is: once I had visited your soundclick main page (where I couldn't locate this song), I clicked again, and it worked. Must be a cooky thing. Or javascript.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Very delicately rendered. And arranged. I didn't miss the orchestra one bit.
    Theo

Re: FRANZ KROMMER ADAGIO for 2 Clarinets & Orchestra

Thanks for listening, Theo.
    When I was taking clarinet lessons at NTSU(U of NORTH TEXAS), I was unaware of Krommer & I only discovered him when an ensemble in Brazil asked me to make an arrangement for 12 winds.
    Arranging this and the other 2 movements was a matter of wanting to finish it to hear the results. In this editing I took time to mark(Finale) every variation of cresc/decresc.; dynamics between parts & voices; and varied articulations.
    I'm starting now on the opening movement. By the way, all of my older works are in alphabetical order. Some works have various stages of each work.
    Gary

Go Back to forum