• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: When are we going to get a good choir sample set?

Share/Bookmark

When are we going to get a good choir sample set?

Hi,

Am I the only one who really needs a good choir sample set? Come on you sample developers, all other aspects of orchestra are now covered pretty well...
    A choir samples with at least 6 velocity splits,from pp to a strong fff, crosfadable with the mod wheel...And samples that start with a consonant and continue with a wovel..
    Are we going to see this in a near future?

Re: When are we going to get a good choir sample set?

Symphony of voices

Vocal Planet

I don\'t own them...what\'s wrong with these?

Well there\'s nothing wrong with them, they are excelent...BUT....it\'s very limiting working with them, probably because they are really old. They don\'t have enough velocity layers, no really loud and strong fff, no crosfades, no consonats on the start of a sample...etc..

The makers of Perfect guitars and perfect drums is working on a set of choir samples.

yeah, I can see it now. Miroslav Vitous Choirs-$5999.00 dollars! One CD set!

I once read that Miroslav Vitous was going to make a choir library.

Hi esperlad,
    you may think our products are even perfect but they are still named \"pure drums\" and \"pure guitars\" :-). But you are totally right, since 1998 we are still producing our \"pure choir\" library. We hope it will be available in autumn this year. Wating will be worth it...

Christian

Could you please give us some hint about the Pure Choir? What will be new compared to SOV and Advanced Choir?
    Thanks

Hi Lex,
    \"pure choir\" will contain (among other things):
    • different classical choirs with 80 singers, recorded in two cathedrals (1600m2 and 2800m2 size)
    • studio choirs with 60 singeres, recorded in different rooms
    • up to 6 velocity splits per note
    • all voices (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, bass) also as solo voices in different vocals
    • real gregorian choirs
    • lots of phrases

Please understand, that the specials of pure choir (compared to SOV and Advanced Choir) are still a litte secret we don\'t want to talk about at the moment. Be anxious to it...

Christian

Christian,
    If it\'s not to much to ask, may I make a suggestion? How about adding a childrens choir like that sound Danny Elfman uses alot (Edward Scissorhands for example)? I just love those quirky voices!
    Cheers,
    Damon

Go Back to forum