• Register
  • Help

Topic: Modulator Keeps Resetting

Share/Bookmark

Modulator Keeps Resetting

Hi there fellow musicians!
    New to the forums and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the modulator. I am using Sonar 6 LE and am inserting some cellos into my compositions, but the modulator keeps going down to zero, and therefore I am not able to produce enough volume. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Re: Modulator Keeps Resetting

Quote Originally Posted by chairman View Post
    Hi there fellow musicians!
    New to the forums and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the modulator. I am using Sonar 6 LE and am inserting some cellos into my compositions, but the modulator keeps going down to zero, and therefore I am not able to produce enough volume. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    I'm using Sonar 8.5 Studio, but I believe this would be the same with your version:

Under the Options menu select Project. In the Project Options window click on the MIDI Out tab and uncheck Zero Controllers When Play Stops. Save your project file as soon as you do this, and you'll be set.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Make sure you are recording CC1 (modulation) before you start playing the first note. Also, to make GPO sing, make extensive use of CC1. A real instrument constantly changes in volume (and timbre) so you want to use CC1 to emulate this.

Jim

I'm having this same problem but I'm in Sonar X1. I cannot find the Zero Controllers When Play Stops option in X1. Does anyone know where it was moved too? Or was it removed? Thanks.

P Key (for Preferences) /Project/Midi/ 2nd checkbox from top "Zero controllers..."
    Fred

Go Back to forum