• Register
  • Help

Topic: My best Christmas gift

Share/Bookmark

My best Christmas gift

Hi everyone!

Jerry Wickham's family has traveled to visit some of his family near St. Louis where I live.
    He is spending the day with me today and tomorrow, and we are gonna talk music, midi, computers, Altiverb, microphones and all that jazz. It should be great fun after meeting him in Indianapolis Indiana back in 2005. That is where I met Gary Garritan, Jim Williams and slew of other great forum members at the Summer NAMM show.

Dan

Re: My best Christmas gift

Say hello to Jerry for me. Wish I could be there....

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Why don't you guys get in the car and drive up to chez snorlax?
    We can have a reunion. Styxx can drive over from Barfalo.
    Snor

PS--Jerry, we STILL need to review some of the notation I revised in the FANTASY!

Anyone who wants to be schooled in EUPHONIUM is invited to chez snorlax. professor snor will thoroughly educate you about the wonders of the EUPHONIUM!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Just got back! THAT was a blast!
    I got to accompany Dan on a sound gig he did for a huge wedding reception in the History Museum in St. Louis. It was amazing to see how Dan works. He has some incredible equipment and it's amazing the quality of the sound he creates.
    The band was incredible too. It was a real treat! I unfortunately didn't get to spend much time with Dan on computers, MIDI, etc. but seeing how it's not THAT far away, and that we have family in that area, I think I'll be able to get to visit Dan on a pretty regular basis.

Dan, Thanks for your hospitality and letting me come along and watch you work!! (And for the home-made cookies and pretzels!). I was glad to meet Spunky as well!

Jim, I never saw your revisions! Send 'em to me! And - YES - we should have a reunion! I'm game. Just give lots of time to make sure I can plan for it.

Jack, I would love to meet you and learn for you as well.

Here are some pics from the gig:
    Here is the Maestro himself:

And here is the Spirit of St. Louis hanging in the museum - I'm sure the original is in the Smithsonian, but this was cool.

Dan and his friend Tim (who always helps him on sound gigs)

Here is the cool sound gear Dan uses!

And here's the band playing. They were GREAT!

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

ewe, my ugly mug is on NS.

Jerry, it was great to see you.

I am so impressed with the knowledge that Jerry has about so many things.
    He is a gold mine for not only Mac computers, photography and videography,
    but his immense knowledge of classical music and what makes it tick is amazing.

It was a blast for sure!
    Happy New Year!

Dan

That's the Spirit! (Dan of St. Louis, of course!) Dan hasn't aged a bit since I last saw him.

Glad the two of you are getting together! Jerry and Dan are two of my favorite people. What a great way to ring in the new year.

Happy New Year!

Gary

Gary, my prayer for you and Marianne is that 2011 will bring peace and contentment to your home, something I am pretty sure neither one of you had much of in 2010. But, 2010 was a great year in many ways with many blessings. Marianne's steadfast faith and positive outlook is what impressed me so much.

With much love!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    ewe, my ugly mug is on NS.
    Might as well be.

Did I sound like I knew what I was talking about when we were talking classical music? I did? Well, I was so exhausted, I'm sure it was all rubbish! I remember also losing a lot of sleep last time we talked shop in Indy. Well worth it though. I have to admit that half of the technical stuff you talked to me about when we were at the gig went over my noggin, but I'm still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    That's the Spirit! (Dan of St. Louis, of course!) Dan hasn't aged a bit since I last saw him.

Glad the two of you are getting together! Jerry and Dan are two of my favorite people. What a great way to ring in the new year.

Happy New Year!

Gary
    Awe, Thanks Gary! You and Marianne are in my family's prayers. I know this year will be far better than the last one.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum