• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's the left and middle pedal in the strings etc doing?

Share/Bookmark

What's the left and middle pedal in the strings etc doing?

In the Aria player there are 3 piano pedals, the right one will play legato for most instruments, but what is the left and middle for? I tried things out with the strings but don't notice a difference.

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: What's the left and middle pedal in the strings etc doing?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    In the Aria player there are 3 piano pedals, the right one will play legato for most instruments, but what is the left and middle for? I tried things out with the strings but don't notice a difference.

André
    The pedals in ARIA correspond to the three pedals found on most pianos. The left is sostenuto (which is different from the sustain pedal on the right). The middle one is the soft ("una corda") pedal. My understanding is that only the piano in GPO 4 uses the sostenuto and una corda pedals, so the other instruments will not respond to them.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Re: What's the left and middle pedal in the strings etc doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    The pedals in ARIA correspond to the three pedals found on most pianos. The left is sostenuto (which is different from the sustain pedal on the right). The middle one is the soft ("una corda") pedal. My understanding is that only the piano in GPO 4 uses the sostenuto and una corda pedals, so the other instruments will not respond to them.

Steve
    Thanks, Steve.
    I am using a full size digital piano to record in logic, using my 3 pedals, so I always see those 3 pedals moving in the Aria player when playing on my piano. I never could find out what they did though. They will of course work with the piano in GPO 4, but I was wondering what else I could do with them. Maybe there is a way to assign something to them, like some key switch patches or something like that? It should be nice to use them somehow.

André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Go Back to forum