• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: What are your Resolutions for the New Year?

Orcas Island

What are your Resolutions for the New Year?

What are your Resolutions for the New Year?

Here are some of mine:

First, I resolve to get back to being on the forum more this year. I hope to get to know our new members too. Last year was kind of a lost year and there's much to catch up on.

Next, I'm going to bring out some new libraries that will knock your socks off.

What are your New Years Resolutions?

Happy New Year to all.

Gary Garritan

Re: What are your Resolutions for the New Year?

I resolve to write more music and listen to more music this year and enjoy each day, one at a time.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

I resolve to drink more and gain weight! (I make those resolutions every year, and I usually keep them!)

Seriously, though, 2010 was mainly devoted to arranging and editing. I just did my last blog post of the year in which I tried to list everything I've done in 2010. The list included only one completed compostion, but a list of arrangements that actually surprised me with its length. Clearly I've been a busy boy!

But in 2011, I want to try to put the focus back on composition. I've got some good ideas and a major commission, so I can't wait to get started!
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Suburban NYC

Frank hereby intends to do the following in 2011 ...

1.- Return to taking a daily walk every morning before I boot the music PC ;

2.- Try and be a more regular participant on the forum ... seems at times I'm here a lot, then I hit periods where I'm not. Often it's commitment-related ... but not always.

3.- Create more music!!! On the surface, this may seem simple enough. But now that I have upgraded my DAW, softwares, and libraries ... and have hit a level of integration and technique I previously only dreamed about ... In 2011 I need to get faster with the processes of creating music.

Regards ... and here's hoping we achieve our resolutions!,

California Redwoods

Well, I made new years resolutions twice in my life. The first, in 1959, I resolved to succumb to every major temptation that came my way, and if insufficient temptations appeared, to go out and seek them. It was a very good year. The other one was in 1974 was different, but related. It was a good year also.

Happy New Year!!

My goal for the new year is mainly to study and practice 3D animation... not very musical I guess, but it's fun!

Looking forward to the year ahead on the forum!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Well, heck, I can't do what Dan did, and list everything
    I did in 2010 -- because I didn't do a damned thing all
    year... thus, it would serve poorly as inspiration for 2011.

And while the Richard Wayland gig has its attractions,
    I can't say I had similar results when I tried that last time.
    Not that the jail time was all that bad, really...

That Frank D thing about walking sounds good in principle;
    but when I did that yesterday, it's icy out, and I fell on
    my backside. Walking's dangerous. Especially when you
    don't have much backside.

I guess I could do like Sean, there, and learn something
    useful. But hey. There are so many useful people already,
    does the world really need another one? Nah.

Or, perhaps I could do a Garritan and "bring out some new
    libraries that will knock your socks off". But that poses
    logistical problems. Once I put my socks on in November,
    I don't take them off again until May.

Obviously, my options for a good, meaty New Year's
    Resolution are growing fewer and narrower by the second,

Ah, well. I think I'll just skip the whole matter, and wish
    all of you a wonderful, properous, healthy and very happy
    New Year!

All the best,

David Sosnowski

Oh well...

I think I'll try to steer towards being happy and healthy. That sums it up nicely, but here's a break down:

1. Loose weight. Gary since Novembmer, when you last saw me, I must've put plenty of kilos in addition. Anxiety, the broken knee and a general dark mood... Oh and drinking lots of beer. This is going to GO! Starting today!
    2. Write some fabulous music! The steinway has already inspired some great music and it's time to do more. I'm hoping to compose, amongst other things a piano concerto (possibly for strings and piano, but I'd love to enhance it with woods, brass, but most importantly percussion). To be premiered somewhere in the 2012-2013 period somewhere in the US.
    3. Based on that last part: Try to get networking locally (for example in Europe). I love traveling and adore Seattle (and even more victoria actually), but this is getting silly!
    4. Start off my publishing house. This has been on the going for quite a few months now, but hopefully it should become a reality very soon.
    5. Finally, do this thingy, this secret software, this idea, this that I can't-say-anything-else-about (not Voldemort... ). I'll kickstart it and hope to "pull" instead of "push" the interested parties! (Couldn't be any more vague, could I? )

I resolve not to smoke in 2011.
    That should not be too hard because I'm a non-smoker anyway.
    I hope this year will bring everyone here much happiness, good health and lots of inspiration.

The Hurricane place

Hmm I do not think I have any resolutions accept take life one day at a time! Not really a resolution though
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum