• Register
  • Help

Topic: High strings sound like tremelo strings?

Share/Bookmark

High strings sound like tremelo strings?

I noticed that every time I use lust high violins 1/2, they sounds as if it is tremolo strings. The sound is very restless. Why is this?
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Re: High strings sound like tremelo strings?

The strings use a recording that had heavy vibrato. Back when GPO came out most users wanted strings with a lot of vibrato. The full Garritan Orchestral Strings (GOS) that the string in GPO came from did have other patches with less vibrato and ones without vibrato that could be crossfaded for varying amounts of vibrato. GOS2 will be coming out (hopefully in the near future) with many more string articulations.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The strings use a recording that had heavy vibrato. Back when GPO came out most users wanted strings with a lot of vibrato. The full Garritan Orchestral Strings (GOS) that the string in GPO came from did have other patches with less vibrato and ones without vibrato that could be crossfaded for varying amounts of vibrato. GOS2 will be coming out (hopefully in the near future) with many more string articulations.

Jim
    I heard so many times about GOS but never found any trace of this software on the web. What is this exactly and where can I find demos, more info etc. Is it still available?

André

Garritan Orchestral Strings (GOS) was an early GigaStudio release and was revolutionary for the time for its depth of sampling, breadth of articulations, and use of MaestroTools (a MIDI interpreter) to craft expressive performances. It is not available for sale any longer (since neither is Giga), though Orchestral Strings 2, a reworking of the collection, is in development according to the World Instruments user manual.

Here's a snapshot:

http://web.archive.org/web/200306201...m/updates.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Garritan Orchestral Strings (GOS) was an early GigaStudio release and was revolutionary for the time for its depth of sampling, breadth of articulations, and use of MaestroTools (a MIDI interpreter) to craft expressive performances. It is not available for sale any longer (since neither is Giga), though Orchestral Strings 2, a reworking of the collection, is in development according to the World Instruments user manual.

Here's a snapshot:

http://web.archive.org/web/200306201...m/updates.html
    Thanks!
    The pictures on this site aren't visible, so I cannot see the snapshots, I hope the GOS 2 will come out soon, i would love to have more possibilities with the strings. Garritan is very creative with his software so I am sure it's going to be great!

André

Go Back to forum